Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Update...
I have no idea what I have and haven't told you about lately, even though I could just look back and read to find out! Really, though, who has time for all of that!?

So, I'm officially employed again, and hopefully this time for a while. I got a job serving at Carrabba's, and I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I shadowed today, and while it was boring not really being able to do anything, it was busy and I think I'll stay pretty well on the move when I get my own tables. I think this job is more up my alley. I realize that it's not exactly putting my degrees to use or anything, but I love people, being social, and moving around. Plus, I LOVE Italian food, and the food at Carrabba's is TONS better than Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill. Naturally, I look like a retard in my uniform, but oh well...

We went to the circus this past weekend, and that was pretty fun. TJ and Taryn were really into it for the first ten minutes or so, until they couldn't sit still anymore. I got them a snow cone to share after a bit, and that was pretty much TJ's focus until it was gone, although Taryn seemed to be actually enjoying the show. Cole was fascinated w/the little light toy the little girl next to us had, and watched it with great interest pretty much the whole second half of the circus. There was a big ball that they rode dirt bikes in at the same time. They did fine w/just two, but when they added the third, there was little success. My mom commented that perhaps they hadn't practiced that trick quite yet! My favorite part was the elephants and how they danced and stood on their heads. Too cool. TJ loved the giant cannon that shot a girl across the tent. Taryn, well, she just says "Uh huh" to anything you ask her. Honestly, though, I think the favorite part for both of them was when I bought the cotton candy as we were leaving...sadly....

We went to see my dad this past Sunday. He's looking pretty good, I think. I haven't seen him in a while, and last I heard he had lost all his hair from chemotherapy (sp?). However, he had a short layer on his head, which actually looked really good, when we saw him. The kids were well behaved, and they even got their much belated Christmas presents, which they loved. TJ's only regret from the day: "I wanted five presents, not just two." We have so far to go w/that kid!

That's pretty much it for now. I hope you're having a great day, and I'll see you soon.
 
posted by Christi at 12:37 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: