Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Hmmmm....
Cole is on the floor in the living room right now talking to, well, I guess he's talking to all of his toys. No one is in there with him right now, so that's the best I can make. The boy is going off at the mouth, though, and it's so damn cute!

Bad news came yesterday. I no longer get to be a new aunt anytime soon. Poor Ronda had a miscarriage, and from my understanding, is in a LOT of pain from it. I'm not sure why it never occurred to me that they could be painful. She and my brother are so upset. We went to eat at his restaurant last night and he told us, and he was so depressed. I had a distinct feeling that this baby was no "accident". Of course, that could have something to do w/the fact that they kept telling her son that he was going to get a baby sister. I called today to see how they are doing, and she cried almost the whole time. I felt bad b/c I really didn't know what to say. I offered to watch her son for a bit if they need it, but that was the best I could do. I also told her that what happens totally sucks, and I was really looking forward to seeing my little niece (which they were 100% sure it was). That made her cry more, so that probably wasn't the best thing to say, eh? I wonder now if they are still going to go ahead and get married soon, or hold off? I am pretty bummed, though, b/c I really was looking forward to my little brother having a kid, as scary as the thought of that is.

Oh, and after we ate last night, we went over to Julia's for a while just to hang out. Richard had gotten a REALLY BAD haircut over the weekend, and I couldn't keep myself from laughing hysterically every time I even looked in his direction. Yeah, it was that bad....and I'm just that mean. Sooooo, I offered to fix it for him, b/c, of course, I have that little cosmetology degree that I made up for fun. Shocker of all shockers, the man entrusted his poor little head to me! And would you believe that I made his hair look kick-ass!? Yes, that's correct, I not only fixed it, but it looks damn good. Why, I would say it's the best Richard has looked in ages...Okay, okay, so I'm going a little overboard here, but really. It looks a ton better now, and I am pretty proud of myself that I didn't completely dick up his hair. He suffered quite a bit of pain, b/c I have a tendency not to cut, but to pull the hair out pretty much. Plus, the scissors were dull. Hey, no pain no gain, right? Anyway, I'd love to show you his fancy new cut, but unfortunately there seems to be some kind of gag order on showing any pictures pertaining to his ordeal. Trust me though, I ROCK!

Well, I must go show Trey how much I love him now by snoring loudly in his ear. I hope you all had a great day, and I'll talk to you soon.
 
posted by Christi at 11:27 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger MiMi

    I thought you told me CoCo was going to be your QUIET child!?!?!?!? Do you really think you will have a quiet child??? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger karla

    My heart goes out to Ronda and your brother. :(

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    So sorry to hear about the miscarriage--I understand her pain, as I just went through that in January. I will pray for her.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Me

    Offering to watch their son and simply saying "I'm sorry" might be all you can do at this point. My best friend lost a much-planned-for baby about 3 months ago. Some people it take it much harder than others...

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    so sorry,christi..

    i'll be praying,too

    i didn't know you could cut hair!