Thursday, April 12, 2007
Brotherly love...

Today Cole had his 4 month check-up. For anyone in the know, you might realize that he's actually almost 6 months old now. However, I forgot to schedule a 4 month, so that was today instead. Like, even though I'm still totally not used to having him in the house and being a mom to three kids yet, it seems like he's been with us for SOOOO much longer than 5 months already.

Anyway, he weighed in at 16.13 lbs. (50%), and is 27 inches long (75%). He's grown quite a bit height-wise, but he's still my little one. I'm wondering if he won't end up shorter than TJ and Taryn. I think that would be so cute! She gave me some steroid cream for his eczema and sensitive skin, and a coupon for $20 off the actual prescription, which scares me to think I would need after insurance covers their cost! He's always got a rash on his belly and back, which gets better if I make sure he never goes w/o a shirt on (which I am not that good at!), and his knees are starting to turn permanently red where he tries to crawl. She said it's probably a reaction to the fibers in the carpet. All along I was thinking it was cat allergies or something, and trying desperately to get rid of any sign of cat in the house. Now I find out there's nothing I can do about the carpet! Other than that, everything's fine.

What was not fine was waiting over 45 minutes to get called back today, then having to wait an hour in the back before we could leave. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to get in and out of a doctor's appointment w/in an hour, or at least an hour and a half. I get SO MAD watching every person who came in after me get called back first, and seeing some of them leave before I'm even called back! I would understand if I were late or something, and they had to try to fit me back in, but I get there early (you know, in the hopes of getting in a little early!). I even came prepared today w/toys, snacks and drinks. All to no avail. When you put TJ and Taryn in a small, hot, brightly colored room, you can expect nothing less than for TJ to find the highest flat surface to jump off of onto the floor, and for Taryn to open the door over and over again and run into the hall and away as fast as her little legs will take her. I think it's pretty shitty that they would make me wait so long, and this is by far not the first time, and I had no qualms in letting my dr. know how I felt. The best answer she could find was to tell me to come in right after lunch next time, so I was the first one called, and they wouldn't be at all backed up yet. I decided to try it one more time for Cole's 9 month visit, and if I have to wait again like that, it will be my last visit there.

Well, I guess I better hit the hay now. Must get back up for work in a couple hours. I hope you have a great day, and I'll talk to you soon!

PS-Oh, and you should have seen TJ when it was time for Cole to get his shots. He was sooooo worried and freaking out! He was trying to cover Cole up so she couldn't put the needle in, and hugging him, and begging her not to do it. It was so sweet. Finally, he gave up and hid under the table b/c he said he just couldn't stand to watch. It really was adorable. Taryn hugged his foot, her best effort. They sure do love their little brother, and you should see the way his face lights up when he sees them!
 
posted by Christi at 11:23 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Unknown

    That doesn't even look like Cole. Silly picture!

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Carrie

    ok. reading this post just makes a slam dunk in my head to what a moose I gave birth to!! SERIOUSLY.. at Danny's 4 month appointment (meaning he was actually 4 months!!) he was 17 pounds, one ounce, and 27 inches long!!!! wtf??? I must produce major growth hormones in my milk???


    adorable picture, though!!!


    the doc's office blows... that toally sucks you had to wait so long!! hope the cream works!!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Stop me if I've told you this one before. I once had the first appt. of the day. I saw the Dr. drive in as I went in the building. They brought me into the examning room, and I heard the doctor outside the door talking to some staffer. Then, while I waited, I heard them dicuss the merits of the Mercedes and the BMW for twenty minutes. Now i know why they're always running behind.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger k8

    i used to cry when the girls got shots so i know how he feels.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    sweet, funny pic!