Sunday, April 15, 2007
Freaky Friday


I did take one thing with me from Carrabba's. Not only am I now completely in love with goat cheese, but I now want to cook good food. Naturally, I'm preoccupied with making foods much like the ones you find on the menu at Carrabba's. Everything I ate there I fell in love with, and most of the stuff I never got around to eating, too. Since I no longer have the opportunity to get food there at half off, I'll just have to learn how to cook it myself.

Anyway, I made dinner Friday night, in my feeble attempt at something similar to what you might find there. It was Friday the 13th, of course, so surely that had something to do with it, b/c honestly, does anyone expect me to cook a real meal? Nah. The meal consisted of the following:

chicken stuffed with goat cheese and covered in a lemon butter sauce w/garlic and mushrooms
fresh green beans (pole beans) sauteed in that same sauce (I am a lemon butter and garlic FREAK!)
shell pasta covered in alfredo sauce and Parmesan cheese

dessert was watermelon, simple yet delicious and sweet! (TJ said, "Mommy, watermelon is not dessert!)

I, personally, liked the meal. I wasn't all about the alfredo sauce, but it came from a jar, and all I did was season it some. The kids, of course, loved it the most! They were a little freaked out about the green beans b/c I usually give them ones from a can, and thus, didn't eat them. Trey opted to eat a Whopper, Jr. from BK, and didn't actually eat his until today. When asked what he thought, he said, "It was good." Such a food critic he is. At least no one died, so I'm happy. I'm still motivated to keep trying, and I'm thinking that one day I might even invite someone over to eat with us...once I've made sure I know what I'm doing, of course!

Oh, and Easter was pretty low-key this year. We went to Nana's to go to church and hang out. That's about the gist of it. Here are a couple of pics of the kids in their Easter outfits...I think Taryn looks so old! The pics are not great, but it was all I could do just to catch them and find the time to take them!




 
posted by Christi at 10:28 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Food looks yummy.

    Alison used to have a dress just like Taryn's but in a blue/pink color.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Me

    Yeah! I'm so glad when I see people getting exciting about cooking! :)

    I think your dinner sounds delicious and booooo to Trey for having a whopper!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger gina

    i love goat cheese. i have it in the fridge at all times... lol.

    looks good...cute kids

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I can't eat goaty things. The dinner looks good.