Wednesday, May 16, 2007
A vacation of sorts...
This week I'm celebrating Mother's Day. Trey and the kids are all at his mom's house, and as of today, I'm all by myself. Naturally, I have TEN THOUSAND things that need to get done while they're gone, but it's nice to at least get to get them done w/o having to stop every three seconds to change a diaper or deal with an argument over a toy, etc...Today I slept in till 2 (I didn't get to bed till 8, though), and it just felt weird. I could be getting spoiled.

So, I've completely fallen in love with this wine. It's called Saint M Riesling from Germany. I first had it at Carrabba's when we had our alcohol class (while I was training, then subsequently left). It was great, even if just a small taste. We ate there on Sunday for Mother's Day, (after I had gone to help Trey at his work for 8 hours! Ugh, we were SO tired!) and both had some then. I was still totally in love with it. However, it's expensive to have to go out to eat everytime you want a glass of it. So, I looked all over, and with the helpful suggestion of Julia, found it MUCH cheaper right down the street from my house! I took it over to Julia's house last night and shared some. I don't think she cared much for it, but I love, love, LOVE it! It's so fruity and fresh, and it goes with everything. It's light and delicious. I will say, though, I've had wine a couple of times this week, and I'm done for now. I have thought, though, that maybe I could start trying different wines every now and then and maybe tell you all about them.

Well, I'm sure there's tons more to tell you, but I have to take a shower and go to bed now. Talk to you later. Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 10:06 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I liked it fine, but it wasn't my favorite. I guess it's just a different taste thing.

    Did you know there is a winery on Wadmalaw Island that uses muscadine grapes? They do tours and wine tastings. If you ever want to check it out I'd go with you.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    lets go