Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Gettin' ready...
Taryn's birthday party is on Saturday. It's not going to be anything big or major, but I want it to be fun. Today while I was walking Grandaddy, I got some ideas about some stuff we can do. Here's what I came up with:

instead of crap bags to get when they leave, they will get a water gun and a piece of headgear

the water guns will be used to have a water gun fight, and we'll also have a water balloon toss

the headgear will either be a Hello Kitty headband (for girls) or a Kerokerokeroppi (HK's frog friend) visor (for boys)




we'll also play Pin the Bow on the Kitty, which I have yet to make, but will be working on tomorrow (hopefully)

I think that's it for now. I also got Taryn's gift today from Grandma. She's getting a see-saw thing that also goes around and around. I think she'll like it, as will TJ. It kinda makes me wish I wasn't so big so I could get on it, too! I also got her some tiny little Hello Kitty earrings, and a bathtub set where she can dress up a little foam person. I'm getting excited! However, I am not so excited about the prospect of having to clean the entire house in the next few days!

Yesterday, I made God's gift to South Carolina. I done got me a roast, and made me some good ol' mustard barbeque. If you're not from the South, then you probably don't understand, and you probably think this looks gross. However, it's the BEST FOOD EVER! I made what I thought to be a lot, but I was wrong. It's gone. I got two sandwiches of it, and the kids and Trey ate the rest. I was flattered that the kids liked it, b/c they usually only like candy and junk. Wait, does that mean it tasted like junk?


Wish me luck, it's gonna be a LONG week!
 
posted by Christi at 10:22 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yep, you're right, as a Northerner, I don't understand the whole mustard BBQ thing. It definitely looks gross. I'm not saying it is, but I've certainly never had it. Good luck on the long week. I sat down last night and figured out Gavin's birthday, and it's gonna be a long week before for me too. The Hello Kitty visors are a good idea. I wish I was creative like you!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I love the picture of Cole in the hat.

    Vegetarian Times' latest issue has a version of that sandwich with seitan. It looks like something Richard would be into.

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Me

    The water gun is a great idea... the kids will love it and you can be sure they will get used!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger my home boutique

    bbq-YUM!

    sorry i couldnt make it to the party. looks like y'all had fun from the looks of julia's blog!