Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Update on Wilson
I have to go to bed in a minute, but I just thought I'd let you know that today they caught the two guys who shot Wilson. They lived in the neighborhood, and had robbed one of our drivers (when she worked at Domino's) five months ago at the house next door. I'm glad of that. However, what sucks even more than what happened is that they didn't even rob Wilson. I mean, not that I wanted him to be robbed, but they killed him for NOTHING. Before, we said it was awful that the poor man was killed for a few measly bucks. Noooooo, he was killed for NO measly bucks, NOTHING. This wonderful, funny, fantastic man was taken from this world, from his loving family, from friends who remembered and cherished him for NOTHING. All I can say is that since I'm against the death penalty, I hope they piss someone off in prison and get shanked. (Yes, I know that was wrong, but I really wouldn't shed a tear if it were to happen).

In case you'd like to see what an absolute saint Wilson was, you should go and read this:
http://www.legacy.com/charleston/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=88720988

I told you just a smidgen (and some of it incorrect facts) about Wilson the other day. He was a far better man than I could have ever imagined.

Here's his wife talking about their love. They would have been married 30 years this coming Monday. How very, very sad:
http://www.wcsc.com/news/state/7872307.html

I couldn't help but giggle a little when I saw Wilson's wedding picture. He was so young and goofy looking! Wilson was so goofy and silly! He made me feel almost like a normal person (you know, us weirdos have to stick together!)! This really, really sucks.

I'll be attending his wake tomorrow night, and his funeral on Friday. Just judging from what I've seen and heard so far, I'm betting there will be a LOT of people there. He was so awesome, and loved by so many people. I think it's cool, too, that they are sending over drivers and managers from the Main St. store in S'ville to work on Friday so the Bacon's Bridge people can go to the funeral. I was hoping that everyone who wanted to would get to come. It's just so surreal. I keep seeing his face on tv and in the news, and I'm like, "Hey, I know him. Oh my God, he's dead." It's like my brain just won't process that it could possibly really be Wilson that could have been taken by such a terrible act of violence. You know, you watch the news, but it's always some thug who hangs with the wrong crowd on the wrong side of town, not your good, sweet family man of 54.

Yeah, I need to stop. You get it, I'm upset. Anyway, Taryn is soon to be two, so I'll have to try to focus on all that hoopla soon. I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon.
 
posted by Christi at 11:48 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I saw that wedding picture and cried so hard. It's hard to believe he was ever so young. They were married just a couple months after my parents. Last night I remembered how nice to Wilson was to me after my dad died. I came back to work about a week and a half after he died because I was tired of sitting around feeling bad. I can tell you driving in a car by yourself is also a great time to dwell on you sadness. I came back to the store all red eyed and puffy faced from crying in the car. He was there and very kind to me. He put his arm around my shoulder and talked to me for a few minutes. He had been planning to go home, but stayed for me.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    what a wonderful man and such a sad,sad, loss.

    i will be praying.

    this world can be such a dark place

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger gina

    gosh. so sad. i am happy that at least she knows the Lord and can have that bit of peace, because i dont know what you would do otherwise.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    So. Very. Sad. Something so senseless should never happen, ever, anywhere.