Monday, June 25, 2007
Tired of the birthday party yet?




Yeah, me too. It's high time I get to writing on this here thing! I can't honestly say what has kept me so busy this past week, but I do know that I've been busy! I'm sitting here right now drinking Rex Goliath Pinot Noir, which is kind of strong and vinegary tasting to me, but hey, we had it and I wanted wine! I'm much more a white wine kinda gal, but I've already emptied those bottles!

So let's see, what happened this past week? On Sunday morning (the night of Taryn's birthday party), I cussed out the manager at the paper center. I had papers in my car he needed, and I told him if he wanted them to go get them. He tried to call my bluff and thought that I would eventually give in and get them out of my car for him. He was wrong. Our boss ended up having to get called out of bed at 5 am to come and get them from me, b/c he was too scared to call me. It's really a long story, but I will say that I surprised myself. I'm usually very passive, and even though I get upset, I just let it go and don't say anything. I was HOT that night! I spoke my mind, and very, VERY clearly. Since then there has been an uneasiness at work, which I'm 100% sure came straight from that night. As a matter of fact, this morning I got a letter from my boss accusing me of spreading "vicious gossip", and telling me that I could get fired for spreading gossip. Ha ha! I signed a contract, which does not say one single word about gossip, so I'd love to see him try! Aside from that, though, the only people spreading said gossip are the natty old bitties who have nothing better to do in their lives than to try to add drama by making up stories about other people. I wasn't even at work when I was supposedly spreading the rumors I was accused of telling. I wrote a scathing, yet polite, letter back to my boss today, letting him know how I felt. Now, everything's good. I expect not to be a part of any of the drama of that place, and I will just be going in and getting my work done. End of story. I hope....

God, what else have I done this past week? Well, today I thought I had court for my ticket. Did I tell you about it? I got a ticket a couple weeks ago on the way to work for "Disregarding a Stop Sign". She told me I didn't "stop enough". Not sure what that means, but I was tired, and there's no telling. Anyway, I have a friend from high school who's a S'ville Police officer, and he told me he'd help me out. However, I've yet to be able to get with him to give him the ticket. So I got my mom to come watch the kids this afternoon so I could go to court. The court that was dated 6-26-07. Did you know that today was the 25th? Oh, I didn't. I felt INCREDIBLY stupid when I got there and the woman was trying to make me feel better...well, you're only one day off. Yeah, stupid. What's great, though, is that I did get in touch w/my friend, and he has court in the morning tomorrow. Soooo, he said I can stop by then and give him the ticket and he'll hook me up. Did I mention how much I love him? I mean, I always have. He was my buddy in high school...the whitest black guy I've ever known I always called him. We're working on finding a spare moment in the lives of his family and mine to try to get toghether and cookout sometime soon (which, btw, was in the works before I got the ticket, and I would do even if he declined to help me!). I know it'll be fun, b/c he's a great, funny guy, and still claims to be just a big kid. I bet the kids will love him. He's even got a 3 year old little girl, so they can make a new friend. Yippee!

Honestly, I can't think of anything else that's been keeping me so busy. I swear I have been, though! Oh well. Anyway, I think tomorrow I will celebrate not having to pay my ticket by making a trip to the local liquor store and picking up a bottle of my favorite Riesling, which also happens to be super cheap there! This red crap is no fun!

Have a great day, and I'll see you later!
 
posted by Christi at 9:38 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sounds like you're turning into a wino...

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I was once called into my boss's office, where she and another worker began to question me regarding gossip I was allegedly spreading. I told them they could stop right there and that I was available to dicuss my job performance, but the things I discussed with others privately were my business. Then I left.