Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Big boy!
I just got back from taking Cole to his nine month check-up. He's good to go. He's now 19.9 lbs. (50%), and 29 inches long (75%). He's my runt, little guy! He had a great time pushing the dr's. chair around and practicing walking while we waited, b/c, of course, the computers crashed twice while we were in our little room! I was told that he's doing all the stuff he's supposed to be doing, and beyond. Yaaaa!!!! The only issue was that he's still not sleeping through the night, so she gave me a solution to that, too, which is to water his formula down more and more and wean him off the nighttime calories he's used to getting. Oh, let's pray that works!

Oh, and I was thirsty, so I stopped by the Dunkin' Donuts on the way to the dr's. office. I was going to get some iced coffee, but they always put too much sugar in it. When I got to the drive-thru, I saw that they have new iced tea, with peach flavoring. Well, I like peach flavored tea usually, so I gave it a try. EEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!! It made me sick! It was like a really, really bad mixed drink. I tried to drink it, b/c I had just paid $2 for it, and I couldn't take it back. I watered it down, thinking maybe the peach flavor would lighten up. Not even. It killed me, and finally I poured it down the drain. What a disappointment! I do not recommend the peach flavored tea from Dunkin' Donuts. I do not, however, know if their tea alone is yummy, b/c I couldn't get past the awful peach flavoring to taste it!

Oh, I have big news, too! I got my Harry Potter book yesterday! I'm already on chapter 6. I'm kinda torn. Like, do I read it as fast as I can so I can find out what happens at the end? Or, do I take my time and savor it like a good wine? I mean, this is the LAST one, and once it's over, it's over. I hate that it's over. I never wanted to be a Harry Potter fan. I only read the first one b/c I got it for my classroom, and my students, half of which couldn't read anyway, wanted to read it so bad that I had to find out what the allure was. I was in love on the first page! I just can't believe it's over. I want to go watch the movie tonight. Any babysitters out there?

Alright, talk to you later. Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 4:39 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Where's Butch???

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Yay for Cole!

    Do you think Andrew would be ready for Harry Potter books yet? All I really know is they are very long and very popular.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Peach-flavored anything is usually gross.

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger karla

    I usually savour wine once it is fully in my tummy. As for books though, savor the words. Easier said than done though. I would probably speed read through it.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I sped read number seven and now I am going back and rereading it and picking up all the bits I missed. Its def a great ending - I tried really hard but about half way thru I skipped to the end to read teh epilouge. It reasurred me enough to keep on reading. Great videos of the Cole-man too.