Friday, August 03, 2007
Happy Birthday, my Love!
Today my lovely hubby turns 31. He is so OLD! Happy Birthday, Trey! I couldn't have asked for a better husband! You are a great dad, and good to me, too. You work soooo hard so we can have a good life. I just want you to know that we all sincerely appreciate it, more than you will ever know. I LOVE YOU!

Julia came over w/the kids today, and we made Trey a cake. I was originally going to just make the same ol' cake we always do. However, while I was looking for the little decorating squirty thing, I saw fondant. Do you know about this fondant? Oh, it's my new favorite thing, and I want to use it ALL the time now!

The kids helped me mix the batter, so they did help. However, they weren't that interested in decorating, which was fine w/us. Julia and I had SO MUCH FUN decorating Trey's cake! It was like Play-Doh made of sugar. We were completely clueless as to what to do, so Julia started messing around and made a little frog. I thought it looked cool, and there was a messed up spot on the top of the cake, so I stuck it on top of it. Somehow, that led to a lake theme. Then, we added shells and an octopus, so it became a beach theme, w/a frog! I don't care, though, b/c it's SO COOL! Yeah, sure, it's a little lopsided (neither one of us is exactly what you would call a baker!), and it basically looks like a kid made it, but like I said, it was so much fun to do! We decided we're going to go to her house on my birthday and make my cake! Trey likes it, too, so that's also a plus! The only thing we don't know yet is how it tastes. We're keeping it till tomorrow for the little cookout we're going to have for Trey's birthday. I hope it's good.




Have a great day! I'll see you later!
 
posted by Christi at 9:47 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm glad he likes it too. As for the taste, I suspect we'll be pulling the fondant off and eating the inside. All I tried was green, so maybe the white is a little better.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger gina

    its very cute!! i forgot treys birthday is our anniv. happy birthday to him!! cookout sounds really fun.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Like the fondant!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    love the fondant and it looks great but does not taste so yummy. I had fondant on my wedding cake but I bet the inside is tasty!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger k8

    a. the cake looks awesome! i've never tried fondant.

    b. happy bday treytrey!

    c. come read my post you're in it.

    xok8

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    what an awesome cake!

    my husband would love it!

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Beautiful cake!! Happy birthday to your dear husband!