Sunday, August 12, 2007
Getting old...
So Thursday is my birthday. I'm going to be 29. Yep, one more year till I'm over the hill...

Okay, okay, I know 30 isn't over the hill, but it sure feels like it lately. Let's see: This past week my back has been killing me. I don't know if I pulled something or what. I do know that doing a paper route w/a sore back does not help. Then there's my right hand. I just found out the other day that I have carpal tunnel syndrome in it, and that it's moderate for now. What does that mean? Well, that for now I won't have to have surgery on it, but that it's coming soon enough. Speaking of paper routes, pain and numbness in your hand and arm do not help, either. I can add that to the ganglion cyst I have in my left wrist, which tends to hurt at times I'd rather it didn't. I've had a hella-bad headache on and off for hours on end for the last few weeks. Oh, did I mention that I can't drink or eat sugar free stuff anymore b/c it makes me sick to my stomach? Yeah, that cut out pretty much everything I drink besides milk and water. Just to add to the list, I'll point out that I have a cold sore on my lip right now, and a canker sore in my mouth. OUCH!

Yeah, so I'm feeling my age lately. I crave sleep, and b/t my aching back and my hurting hand (no, really it's the children more than the hand), I get nothing done during the day. If it's this bad now, imagine how it's going to be when I actually AM an old lady! Now I see why you're supposed to stop having kids while you're still young. I couldn't imagine catching little ones and trying to hold my walker all at the same time!

Another reason I'm feeling old: I seem to have lost my mind. This morning, on my paper route that I can do in my sleep (and often do!), I somehow managed to miss two entire streets! I can't imagine how that happened, but it did. I knew something was up when I finished and had lots and lots of papers left over. Unfortunately, I didn't figure out what I'd done till it was too late to correct the problem, and it cost me five complaints. Igh! Tonight, I went to Julia's, and we played UNO. She asked me about ten times if I had a draw 2 card so I didn't have to draw 2 cards, and I said no. Then, minutes later I went to use it, and realized I'd had one all along! Who'd have thought that the little 2 in the corner with the + next to it meant draw 2! Yep, it's settled, I've lost it!

Do I even dare to mention the massive amount of gray hair I have to dye, and how I have to buy the special kind for extensive gray coverage...and how even that doesn't make all of the grays turn brown?!

I suppose it would be wise for me to go ahead and plan out my funeral. Perhaps I should seriously be thinking about getting a life insurance policy before it's too late! I'm getting an ADHD test on Tuesday, and I just know they're going to tell me it's not ADHD at all, but that Alzheimer's has kicked in and I'm on the fast track to mindlessness!

Don't ya just love getting older?
 
posted by Christi at 10:19 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yeah, it SUCKS to get old!! Mom/MiMi

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I have a long time to go until my 29th. I'm glad I'm not old like you.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Well, good thing I'm not that old yet!! If it's Alzheimers, you can come live in the nursing home I work in, since I normally have all the Alzheimers ppl. I'll let ya walk around and talk crazy like the rest of them and keep you from getting out and getting hurt. :-) I feel old some days too, but I'm only 24, 1/4 century in November. Hell, Friday night I went out, had 4 beers, THAT'S IT, and the next morning thought I was hit by a bus. That's how I can tell I'm getting old. It went from 12 beers to 4 just like that. Damn, I really liked drinking too!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger k8

    damn you old! no jk i'm older. and i have carpal tunnel and a ganglion cyst in my right wrist. so there.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Kurt

    29! Good Lord. I have kids I've never met older than you!

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger k8

    hey about the craft- just print it in black and white and let em color the ice cream!

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger gina

    dang girl, you've got three kids!! you should be glad to turn 30 , so it doesnt look like you started so early.
    besides, 40 is the new 30,. so that must make 30 the new 20. its all in the attitude baby. dont let yourself get old! stay young for those kiddos and yeah for TREY too.

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger karla

    Happy Birthday Christi!
    Hugs
    k.

    Tell Julia she made me snort my coffee.