Sunday, August 19, 2007
Fun in the sun...and pain to boot!
Today we celebrated my birthday by going to the beach. It was pretty cool. Trey's parents brought down KK and Mikey, and Julia's family joined us as well. We were a pretty big ol' group! The water was nice, and the waves were STRONG!

The girls spent most of their time playing in the sand, especially Taryn. The boys were all over the place! TJ learned to boogey-board, and he did an awesome job! Andrew was playing for a while, but he got sand in his eyes, I think, and ended up sitting out the end little part. Mikey, who's about a month older than Taryn, had to constantly be pulled back to the shore, b/c he was just going everywhere! He would run down the shore, and go flying into the water. He'd go right to where the waves would knock him down under the water, and wipe his face off and start again! He was definitely having a good time!

I had the privilege of having to catch my bathing suit bottom at my toes when one wave knocked me under and pulled it off! I had the top go up a few times, as well as the bottom try to fall almost every time the water hit me. Then there was the time I totally flashed a guy and his little girl! Yeah, that was nice. That was when I decided my time in the water was over. The poor people at the beach had seen enough of me for one day!

I've also decided that it's time to invest in a new bathing suit. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm still wearing my maternity bathing suit. It used to stretch really well, and it went back to small after I'd wear it. Now, though, the stretch is pretty much lost (helped along today as Mikey got knocked over, and as he fell grabbed my bathing suit...I looked down and he was floating two feet away from me, still gripped tightly to it!), and it's just too big for me. I've finally ungrown my maternity bathing suit. I'm kinda sad, though. It's really comfy, and it's got the whole built-in skirt thing going on. Of course, now the skirt goes all the way down to my knees, which is just too much. I'm hoping I can find one on clearance somewhere pretty soon. That one just needs to go in the trash!

Oh, and I failed to mention the wonderful HELLACIOUS BURN I got, too. Yeah, that would be where the pain came in. I made sure to cover the kids from head to toe in sunscreen, as well as Trey. Then when it came to me, I decided I needed a little color. So, I sprayed my face and my shoulders, which now have nice little white spots surrounded by flaming red! My back hurts SO MUCH! I took a cold shower, and I could feel the cold water on my head. However, by the time it hit my back it was boiling hot. Yeah, I'm an idiot! I'm not sure what I was thinking, but man, did I learn a valuable lesson today!
 
posted by Christi at 9:11 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Squirrel

    you'll be very a-peeling in a few days.

    yeah, i hate puns too--sorry.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger k8

    i'm tardy 4 da party but happy bday anyway you hot mamma!

    i hate bathing suit shopping i would rather eat worms.

    o by the way yes my house is messy but the drawer was my grandmom's- i just have to clean it out. maybe you can come help! you said you would remember???

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Wasn't Mikey only 2 years old? I couldn't believe his lack of fear.

    I was very proud of TJ and his boogey boarding. He made it pretty far.

    I bet you hurt last night throwing papers. I kept thinking maybe we should reapply at some point, but then I'd forget again. Luckily for us, the sunblock stayed on and we didn't burn.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger k8

    hey i just tagged you for a meme!!!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Put lots of aloe on that burn. Then put more aloe on. Then, more aloe.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Amen Kurt! Ya big dummy. You know red headed ppl don't belong in the sun. Good Lord. Anyways, happy birthday!!! I didn't even know. I will have to write it on a calendar somewhere, if I can remember where the calendar is....

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger gina

    you went to the beach on your birthday? that sucks for you- dont you dislike the beach?? LOL.

    yeah time for a new suit... for your birthday present maybe?