Tuesday, October 03, 2006
The toll is taken....
This whole working five nights a week thing is really starting to catch up to me. Here I am in the last month now, and I'm counting down the days till little Cole comes. However, this is the MOST tired I've ever been in a pregnancy, and it's all catching up more and more each day. I wake up in the mornings and don't have the energy to do anything b/c I have to save it so I can get through work. The last week or so, I've been in kind of a daze while working, and have to try really hard to concentrate. I even drink coffee before I go in to wake me up some. Of course, once I do that, then I'm up all night (not that I'd actually get any sleep if I went to bed anyway!)! I feel bad, b/c all I think about anymore is sleeping.

Which has led me to contemplate the idea of nursing. Julia told me the other day that babies sleep better through the night and earlier if they are nursed (or was that Marie, I don't know?) She told me some stuff that really made me think that I need to get over my whole mental block on it and just try, if nothing else. I mean, at least it would help save money, right! I'm still stuck. I'm just really freaked out by the idea of having a little person stuck to my chest, and I'm wondering if I could get over it...

Well, that's about it for now. Oh, I do need to thank Trey from the bottom of my heart. He has picked up a LOT of slack around here for me, and for that I'm eternally thankful. I am such a lucky woman!

Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 2:38 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown

    OK, I'm not sure if I said it right. I don't know that babies sleep better if they nurse, but I do know if you keep them right next to you, you don't have to actually wake up to feed them, so you can sleep better. That's what's really important anyway, lol.

    Just give it a couple days and see if you get over the weird feeling. If you hate it, you can always go back to bottles.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger gina

    nursing babies wake more because the milk is not as filling. mine woke every 2-3 hrs (or more) for the first few months.
    it is cheap though

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Coffee is good anytime. I like it in the morning.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Margo

    Nursing babies wake A LOT. Both of mine were nursed and woke every two hours for the first 5 months!! Nursing is exhausting, not just because you're not getting sleep, but because you're the only one who can feed the baby, unless you pump a lot, and that's tiring in itself. I don't mean to try and discourage you from nursing. It really is a WONDERFUL experience. But if you want to nurse just because you hope to get more sleep, think again. ;-)

    I wish you the best, momma, and I hope start feeling better.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Me

    They already told ya, but yeah... nursing babies wake about every 2 hours to eat. LOL.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    i have never been successful with nursing. i gave it all i had with l, but thus time, i just couldn't. i felt a huge relief when i quit thuis time and last. also, you need to be able to nurse every 2-3 hours... how can i w/all the kids i have & all the stuff thet do. one nurse at the hospital was so gung ho nursing, she told me i was going to have to get someone to do all my running so i could nurse and build up my milk supply,, yeah, right! she made some other remarks to me that made me feel like if i did not nurse that i was a terrible mom... she was difficult