Friday, September 29, 2006
So much for my dream life...

I was kinda let down today. I had to deliver a couple of pizzas to the nearby fire dept. tonight. On the way, I fantasized about a bunch of guys sitting at the station all sprawled out w/o shirts on, and all very cut and hot. Of course they were either sweating or covered in oil, as their chests were all glistening in the overhead light. They all had the uniform pants on, you know, with one suspender on the shoulder deal, and were just dying for a piece of pizza. When I entered with the pizza, they all hoorahed and lifted me (and my VERY pregnant ass!) up onto their shoulders and cheered. It was great!

Yeah, so when I finally found the door to this fire station, one guy answers it. He's not fat, but he's not skinny, and he's more interested in making sure I brought the right pizzas than how hot he looks or the fact that I'm his hero for bringing them. He pays me, then hears a beep on his radio, then quickly shoos me off w/a crappy $2 tip!

My fantasy is SOOOOOOO lost! I'm thinking maybe I should stop looking at those calendars of firemen. What do you think? Amanda says hot firemen like that can only be found in New York. Hmmmm....
 
posted by Christi at 12:52 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Kurt

    His blood sugar was low.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I've been to that fire dept. I agree, not exciting.

    I don't remember if I've told you this story yet. One night I was looking for a house on the major street we drive on a lot. I could not find any house numbers, so I pulled into one of the driveways and called the customer to give me a hint. After speaking with him I realized I was parked in his driveway, but he didn't know it. I could see him through the window take off his shirt, tousle his hair, and flex in front of the mirror. I guess he liked my phone voice! He wasn't on the level with your calendar dude, but I gave him a good up and down look to boost his ego. Men!!

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    julia's story is too funny!

    did you know that my dad was a fireman? i always thought he looked so handsome in his uniform.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Carrie

    I notice none of the women are complaining that your post is up like three times??? :)

    all I can say is YUM.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger karla

    WOW! when you find that fire department, let me know, and I'll help you deliver those pizza's ok?

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Margo

    Too funny! And I love the caption on that photo!!