Saturday, September 16, 2006
Soccer has begun!
TJ had his first ever soccer game today. I gotta say...at least he really likes his coach! I think he spent the whole game in total confusion. When he was sitting, Trey and I would tell him to kick the ball, all by himself, into the goal, and he totally got it. Then he would go onto the field and just stand there looking around like, "What the hell is going on?" The whole time I spent screaming, "TJ, run after the ball!" and "TJ, let go of her hand and run after the ball!" Well, at least the coach didn't mind him holding her hand the whole time. He said he liked it, though. We'll have to work some this week on the whole, oh, I dunno, everything!

Click here and you can see a couple of pics from the game. Yeah, that uniform totally swallows him up!

DSCF2218
Oh, and btw, even though they don't keep score, our team TOTALLY wiped out the other team! It appears we have a couple of the older kids who've been playing a couple years on our team who are total soccer junkies. Guess I'll have to learn their names, eh?

On another note, I scared myself today. It was more fun than I thought it would be, and I really wanted TJ to get into it. I'm scared I may become one of those "soccer moms", if you know what I mean!

Talk to you later! Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 3:24 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    We all have to guard against becoming those kid of parents. None of us succeeds totally, but most of seem to be able to tone it down and not lose our heads. I'm sure, you'll be able to do that too.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger gina

    why is that coach holding his hand???

    the green looks good with his red hair. cute!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Very cute pictures!