Sunday, September 10, 2006
Hodge-Podge....
Today was a pretty good day at work. I made decent tips, and although I felt bad, had fun while it was slow. I've worked nearly five days straight this week, and I think it's killing me. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off...so Julia and I can go see THE VIOLENT FEMMES!!!! I can hardly wait!

TJ had his first soccer practice the other night. He was soooo adorable! I got him some little red socks to cover his pee-wee shin guards, and he was picture perfect! I'm sorry I have no pics, though. I think my batteries for my camera need to be replaced, b/c I couldn't get them to work. I video-taped it, but I don't know how to get that online just yet. He did really well kicking the ball, and got it into the goal w/little trouble. He didn't get the "penguin walk" where they kinda walk/kicked the ball, and just frammed it across the field. He also didn't really listen very well, and just kinda stood there when they played red light/green light until the coach came and told him to go! She learned his name fast, as he had to be reminded over and over again when it was his turn to do something. At one point, she had the whole group of them around her, and TJ was off to the side swinging his arms back and forth and staring into space. Ahhhhh, that's my boy. I just hope he has fun. He really was excited about it, and has been asking when he gets to go back, so hopefully this will work out. Mainly, I want him to learn about sportsmanship, teamwork, and how to listen to other people besides his family tell him what to do.

This baby is really doing a number on me lately. I hurt all over. I'm always excessively tired, even after a good night's sleep. I'm in cohoots right now w/Julia, and we are going to try to plan a baby "celebration" for little Cole. I really don't want to have a shower, as I have everything I need w/the exception of a carseat for later and a crib. However, I feel bad that he won't get one, and the other two got two showers each. Sooooo, I want to have a coed party for him where we have fun games and kids and everything. I figure if anyone wants to bring a gift, I can tell them a small donation toward the crib and carseat would be appreciated, or else some diapers. What do you think? Any ideas?

Well, I guess I'll talk to you later. I hope you have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 1:13 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger gina

    no one has a crib you can borrow ?? waste of money to buy one - are you just waiting for taryn to get out of hers ?

    cole celebration sounds nice. maybe you will get lots of diapers.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Christi

    His name will be Braxton Cole Pitchford, but we will call him Cole. I like the name Braxton, but not so much the ring of it w/TJ and Taryn.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    R was so funny when he played soccer. he would try to catch bugs!

    that type of party sounds fun!

    you are almost there! how many more weeks???

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Carrie

    all I can say is that I hear you, sister!

    have a great time at the concert!!

    and I agree... can you borrow a crib from anyone?


    ps... have I told you recently how much I love the name Cole??? ;)