Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Coincidence? I don't think so!
God is watching over me at ALL times. I know this for 100% sure now.

I should be at work right now. I was scheduled to close tonight. However, I am an idiot, and let's just say I flattened my (Trey's) tire while out on a delivery tonight. There just happened to be a young guy driving by as I did it, and he immediately stopped to offer me help. I certainly didn't turn it down, as it was nearing dark, and I don't trust myself to change a tire on my own. I am SO glad I did, too. He managed to find out that there was not a jack in Trey's car (?), which would have totally left me in quite a pickle.

So, we drove about two or three blocks to his house, as he said he had one there he could use. I may have just destroyed the tire rim on the way there. Would you believe that when we got there, he and his brother and dad just happened to be the types that restore old cars and make them look awesome? They had it all...a fancy easy-to-use jack, one of those professional lugnut things that goes 'zzzzz, zzzzzz' when you quickly take off and put on the lugnuts, and a fancy air pump thing that pumped up my tire in no time flat. They even had a tire guage that made the ones at the local tire shop look like nothing! Honestly, do you think I could have gotten any luckier as far as saving my butt with a flat tire? I kid you not, they had the tire off and the spare on before Julia even got there to pick up my pizza to take for me! The last time I massacred a tire it took us longer than they took to even find the spare! I got to meet the parents of the boy, and his brother helped him, and I swear, they were the nicest family.

You know, if he hadn't been driving by at that exact moment, I would still be sitting there right now trying to figure out what to do. No doubt I would have had to call my mom and beg for help, which I hate doing, as I already have to do it enough...and she and Bo have given me so much already. I never thought I would ever flatten my tire and actually leave the scene happy. I am, though. I am so thrilled that God was totally looking out for me and that boy (whose name I totally forgot to ask!) happened to be driving by at that exact moment. That's why, no matter how crappy things go for us, I'm not worried. See, He looks out for me, and knows just when I need help the most! I am so blessed!

Anyway, I came home after they put the spare on, b/c I can't deliver pizza on a donut. Bo was chasing the kids all over the house, and they were having the time of their lives. It was awesome. My mom picked such a great guy, and my whole family is so lucky to have him around. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Bo is ten, no, a hundred times my real dad ever was!

Alright, that's enough for now. I hope you all have as lucky a day as me, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:51 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Me

    I'm thinkin' they should get a delivery of 3 large pizzas tonight... 'on the house'! :)

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger gina

    yes i was thinking at least a thank you note :)but a pizza would be better

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Unknown

    My unsolicited advice: Get a used tire unless you're planning on buying all 4 new ones. They cost about $25. They're perfectly good, and your other 3 tires are used, so maybe it will wear down at approximately the same rate. We've bought used tires many times and they're fine.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Kurt

    That's exactly what I did after my recent tire debacle, Julia.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    wow! that is great Christi!