Thursday, September 07, 2006
I am about to BUST!
Today my mom found out for me that TJ's first soccer practice is tomorrow afternoon. TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!! He gets to start tomorrow! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see him running around on the field with his new little team and hopefully at least trying to kick the ball. I really hope he likes it. When I got home from work tonight, he was still awake, so I went in and told him all about how he gets to go to his first practice tomorrow. I talked it up a bit, and he seemed excited. It would be so great if he liked it. I want him to have something special to do that is not really with us and that teaches him teamwork. My only fear is that he will get mad if he can't kick the ball or something. He tends to give up quickly when he has a tough time and get really mad (which usually involves something being thrown). He has his mommy's temper! Julia told me that her son is kinda like that, and he's awesome at soccer. So I'm guessing that if TJ actually likes soccer, and he's not in his comfort zone with me, then he might do well. Oh, I hope so! Maybe I'll try to "practice" kicking the ball with him tomorrow afternoon to get him pepped up for it...

Well, I'm off to bed now. I'm SOOOO tired-have been all day for some strange reason. I hope you have a great day, and I'll let you know asap how his practice went.
 
posted by Christi at 12:40 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Unknown

    You should come by and let the boys practice together. Andrew would probably love to play teacher.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    he will have fun... this age is too funny to watch play... so cute.. i could tell you some funny stories about my kids when they were that little...I want L to play, but she missed the cut off by just a couple of weeks...

    i wonder why you are so tired?????

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Cara

    yay!! I hope he does well at his first practice, how exciting!! I can't wait for Dawson to start next year!!

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger MiMi

    Make sure you take the video camera (and have it charged up) so you can save all this stuff for posterity...

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Christi

    I was just about to ask if it would be appropriate if I took a camera, or if the other moms and dads would look at me like I was crazy...

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I never played team sports and look how I turned out.