Tuesday, September 19, 2006
LOOOONNNNNGGGG day!
Do you know what's just frustrating to me? It's going to the doctor, sitting there FOREVER, and then finding out that nothing's really wrong. That's why I usually try to just avoid going period. I took Taryn today b/c my mom has a sinus infection, and Taryn's been acting and seeming pretty sick lately (and does NOT like getting her nose wiped!), so I took Taryn to the good ol' doc. We were there over an hour, and I think maybe five minutes of it was spent w/the doctor. That just makes me ANGRY! I just can't get why pediatricians do this especially. I mean, surely they have to understand that we're dealing w/kids here. I think that if they're going to make us wait so long, they should have clowns, balloons, a circus...something to entertain the kids besides a waiting room with a couple of torn books and one of those wooden things w/beads on metal loops and stuff. I just don't get why they can't schedule a few less people each day, and then manage to fit them all in at the right time. Shoot, if it's a good day, the doc might even get a break for a change!

Anyway, I'm glad to say that Taryn's not dying or anything. She may still have a sinus infection, the dr. wasn't sure b/c it takes a while for it to settle in. I have to keep an eye on her. Fear not, though, b/c we're going right back on Thurs. for Taryn's 15 month well-check, which of course I couldn't just have them do today. Ahhhhhh.......ain't being a parent just great!

I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon...
 
posted by Christi at 11:46 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I once had the first appt. of the day at my doctor's. The doctor arrived at the office on time, then stood in the office talking to someone about the difference between the BMW and the Mercedes for twenty minutes while I sat in the examining room waiting. Now you know why they run behind.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Unknown

    That's ridiculous. Now you get to wait two hours and pay two copays. Yeah!