Saturday, October 14, 2006
Day 1 of the next five years...
Our anniversary night out was pretty cool. We went on a carriage ride in downtown Charleston, and learned a lot. I would have liked for the guide to have been a little louder, as we were in the back row, but hey, whaddya gonna do, eh? The couple that sat next to us was also celebrating their five year anniversary, which was also yesterday. I thought that was pretty cool. I found out that Charleston is the center of the world. You see, the Ashley and Cooper Rivers come together at the Battery (originally known as Oyster Point), and then turn into the the Atlantic Ocean. The Atlantic Ocean forms all of the other oceans in the world, so therefore, Charleston is the center of the world. Yep, we're pretty big stuff out here!

Afterwards, we were at a loss as far as what to do next. I think we're so used to not being able to go out that we are clueless. We thought about going to eat, but at the time we weren't the least bit hungry. We could have walked around downtown, but walking is not exactly fun for me anymore, and it's REALLY slow going! So we drove for a while, debated just going to get the kids, then ended up going to Applebee's. Yeah, not a big place for an anniversary. However, when Trey and I met, that was the first place he took me out to eat at, and it was where we ate out most (while we still had money to spare and no kids!). Plus, I'm madly in love with their onion peels, and Trey is in love with the hot boneless chicken wings. So it was settled, and we were happy w/the decision.

That was about the extent of our big date night. It wasn't anything big, but I have to say I enjoyed it immensely. It was nice just being out alone w/Trey. I mean, sure, all we talked about was the kids and work and stuff, but...hey, it's not like our lives have anything else going on right now! Today Trey let me sleep in for a while, and hung out with the kids. I can't think of a better way to start the next five years of our lives! Kick ass!

I'll see you soon, and I hope you have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 9:11 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Sounds nice to me!

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Margo

    Any night out without the kids in tow is a big night!! I'm glad you had fun, and happy anniversary!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    They don't have to be big. Many of our anniversaries consist of pizza. Happy fifth to you!

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I can't wait til my fifth anniversary!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger karla

    Eh! you said eh! That makes us Canadian's feel so validated for our incestant use of that word!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Kathy Trejo

    as long as you two are the center of each others world thats all that matters! sounds like a fun night out.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    sounds like a great evening! hope you have many more happy celebrations!