Friday, October 13, 2006
What I've been waiting for...
I knew that getting married on Oct. 13th, FIVE WHOLE YEARS AGO, would eventually mean that I got to celebrate my anniversary on a Friday the 13th. Today is the day! What's even better is that it's our big FIVE YEARS! I mean, in the grand scheme of things, that's pretty small, but really, it's quite a big thing if you think about it:

We've managed to make it five years now w/o killing each other. We still love each other like crazy (most days), and on most days can even stand the sight of each other. We've managed to stick together and get through a lot, I mean, A LOT of crap. As a team, we've completely ruined our finances, and yet, instead of letting that tear us up, we've worked together to put them back together, which of course we're still working diligently on.

Probably the most important and overwhelming thing we've done in these last five years, though, is manage to make two whole children and get one almost cooked. Can you believe that!? I think we're doing a bang-up job, too. Trey's turned out to be a pretty darn cool dad. Lord knows Taryn loves him to death. As far as she's concerned, he hung the stars. TJ is a momma's boy, but he definitely loves his daddy, too. Man, and in almost four years now, we haven't even broken one of them! I feel like I've gone and grown up or something!

I think this next five years might be all about slowing down and trying to get what we have (ie-three kids and a load of debt!) in order. Then we'll be close to teen years, and we'll have to be ready for the next five years of INSANITY. Won't that be fun?!

Anyway, it's been a fun ride this last five years. I wouldn't give up a second of it, although I might like to forget a bit of it! Tonight we're going out on a carriage ride in downtown Charleston (which I've never done, but always wanted to) and to get some dinner somewhere. I've been excited about it all week! Here's to five more years of fun w/the man I love!

HAPPY FIFTH ANNIVERSARY, TREY!!!
 
posted by Christi at 12:11 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger gina

    what a perfect way to celebrate! have fun. where ya having dinner? inquiring minds want to know...

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    happy anniversary!have fun tonight

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger karla

    Happy Anniversary Christi and Trey!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Kathy Trejo

    HAPPY FIFTH ANNIVERSARY you two!

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger MiMi

    !!HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! to my favorite daughter and son-in-law!! I love you both very much and am glad that you've made it this far--oh, and thank you for not breaking either of my wonderful grandbabies! Love, Mom

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Melodee

    Happy anniversary!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Have a great day! Happy Anniversary!!!

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Renee

    Happy late Anniversary!!