Thursday, August 18, 2005
Went to the doctor,...
and the doctor said, "Feed them children some shortenin' bread!" Well, her exact words were, "I see why you need this medicine." Yes, sadly, my doctor saw my children at their very worst today, and yet, it worked for me. I was going in for my one month check-up on my Lexapro, and Trey had a meeting, so I had to take both chillin'. I'm sure that everything would have been alright, and I had timed it as such that I didn't expect to have any problems with diapers or feeding, except that instead of getting me in and out, they left me in the exam room for 45 minutes! Yeah, you try sticking a rambunctious two year old and a suddenly hungry newborn in a tiny little room full of drawers and fun doctor stuff...well, you know what ensued. As she entered the room, she said, "Oh, I heard the baby crying..." Uhh, yeah, of course you did! She's not happy being in here anymore than I am! TJ was doing well until she came in there, and once he realized that I wasn't paying him any attention, he immediately began to fiddle with things and took a hand mirror and started to beat it against the counter. Then he started to jump off of the furniture! Meanwhile, Taryn's screams got louder and louder, and no amount of rocking, shooshing, or dancing like a complete idiot would stop her. Mind you, during this time, I was trying to tell the midwife how I've been feeling lately, which is not so great still, and that I don't think my anti-depressants are working very well. She's inquiring deeper, while I'm yelling, "TJ, SIT DOWN!" and simultaneously hushing, "Shhhh, shhhh, shhhh...." Yeah, so anyway, after a few minutes, and after she had told TJ a couple of times to calm down, she relented (yeah, right--she was begging me to take the prescription!). She said she completely understood why I was having trouble! Mind you, my children are NEVER that bad in public (at least not at the same time!), and I don't think I'm as bad off as I looked at that moment. However, it worked, and I got my dosage doubled! What REALLY irked me, though, is that right when the midwife walked out of the room, Taryn proceeded to stop crying and sighed a little sigh that sounded like, "Oh, alright. I'll wait then." WHAT THE! TJ even started listening to me all of a sudden! I swear they really wanted Mommy to have better drugs, and it was all a plan! RRRRGGGGHHHHH, how frustrating!

Anyway, we're in Charleston now. For the next five days we will be basking in the sun and fun of my mom's pool. We went in it tonight, and it's great. She has really soft water, and I feel so light and bouncy and soft in it. She doesn't want me jumping in it and splashing all the water out of it, but, well, she'll be at work tomorrow! What's best about it is that it's a relatively small pool (12X24, I think), and I can do laps in it very easily. I won't tell people that it's so small,though, and I'll just mention that I did a hundred laps and look really cool! Yeah, I'm the swimming champ!

Hey, check out TJ when he was just a little over a year old! He was such a cutie!




Well,I guess I'll check ya later! I hope you have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 11:57 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger suze

    Once again, I can totally relate. I try to avoid taking the kids to my doc, at least, at all costs (but I know sometimes it can't be helped). Just waiting for the pediatrician for their visits can be a nightmare. Ack. Hope the meds help a bit. Have fun relaxing by the pool!

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger karla

    Wow. He has grown up so much in just a year hasn't he? What an adorable little munchkin!

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Tammy

    AWw, yOu poor thing it right.
    I hate it when I go to the dr.s office and they make you wait so long. The kids can only take so much.
    The pictures of TJ are so cute.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Glad they increased your meds I hope it makes you feel better.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jana

    Kiss Charleston for me!

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger k8

    i miss u terribly!!! i wont have no internet for like ever.