Tuesday, August 16, 2005
I'm old!


Well, today is the birthday. Yep, twenty-seven years ago, a gorgeous, intelligent, perfect baby girl came into the world. She hasn't changed a bit....

Anyway, this morning Trey awakened me with a cake. It was nice. He had somehow managed to fit every candle in the pack on the little cake he brought it, and it was quite bright! He and TJ sang happy birthday to me, and we all went into the living room. TJ was quite eager for me to get up at that point...wonder why? So we sat down in the living room, and Trey told TJ he could lick the frosting off of the candles. I turned to talk to Trey for a minute, and when I turned back, TJ was eating, yes eating, the ends off of the candles! I yelled, "No, no, no, no, no!" (see my comment to him when going to jump the other day...I seem to say this a lot!), and then explained to him the proper way to lick the frosting off. Then, for the rest of the time, if I touched one, he'd say, "No, Mommy, don't eat the candle. Just lick it. Here, let me show you how..." Then he'd proceed to lick it all off for me! What a sweet, helpful child!

I went shopping today with Gina and Julia. I got all of the gifts I had left to get for now. So, someone will be getting one very soon! Hooray!

Oh, and I meant to wish Taryn a happy two month birthday yesterday. We celebrated with a trip to the doctor, where they proceeded to give her five shots. Hooray! I'm sure she's so shell-shocked now, she'd prefer we never celebrate anything again! Anyway, she is now 12.8 lbs (90%), and 24 in (95%) long. She's weight-bearing with her legs, and the doctor said that's a four month thing. Yes, my genius baby! I felt so bad, though. After her shots, she felt awful, and had a fever all day (which I was told would happen, but still). She cried whenever she was awake, which was rarely, and slept ten hours last night. I freaked out when I woke up and realized it, thinking she had surely died in her sleep from fever, and decided that even though she looked peacefully sleeping, she was waking up at that moment! She's much better today, though. Anyway, my big ol' girl has reached yet another month. Here's to three months!

Alright, well, I guess that's it for today. Hope you have a great one, and I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 6:03 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments: