Monday, August 08, 2005
Racing mind
Today at church, the Sunday School lesson, and the sermon (which pretty much matched, coincidentally) really got me thinking. What am I doing with myself? I mean, sure I'm a mommy now, and I'm doing my best to get the whole routine down. What else, though? The pastor talked about how Jesus is our buddy, and we go to him for comfort. That's all well and good, he said. However, Jesus also asks something from us in return. He wants us to spread the word of God. He wants us to live our lives in such a way that gives glory to God, and that leads other people to Him. Well, I think here I'm falling short. What on earth am I doing that is giving glory to God? Don't get me wrong. Everyday I thank God for all that I have, good and bad, and how wonderful He has made my life. I don't deserve it, really, but I must have done something right to be so lucky. Now I need to pay Him back, though. I try to live a good life, trying to be as much like Jesus as I can, but....I'm missing something. I want to get more involved, but, well, I'm just lazy I guess. I mean, sure, it's hard to find babysitters, especially when you're too broke to afford them. I'm sure I could find something to do that doesn't require a babysitter, though. Surely...So, help me out here. I want to do something with myself to help others. I've thought about once Taryn is bigger and walking, going to nursing homes, or shelters or something, and visiting or helping out with food or something. That would also teach my kids about how important it is to give to others. That's a long way off, though. What can I do now? Any ideas?
 
posted by Christi at 12:00 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Read this. http://www.christianwomentoday.com/growth/family.html

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger mrhaney

    i am not really sure what you could do. if you go some where to a store maybe and you see some one with a frown on their face then say hello to them. try to get them to smile and feel better. i think that is some thing the LORD would like.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Christi, I often feel the same way you do. I always feel like I should be doing way more then what I do.
    I just try and be the best that I can be for whatever people need me for. I do my best to help people in anyway possible.
    If you pray about it, I'm sure God will show you the way.