Friday, August 05, 2005
So here's how it went down...
Okay, so last night was an event, to say the least. Just not exactly what I expected. I will say, though, that my nerves were just fine, and I only called twice to check on the babies.

So, we got to the hotel at about 6. While checking in, Trey saw a guy that comes to the restaurant all the time. He told me about him...He's this old guy that obviously goes to the hotel quite often (he knew everyone that worked there!). He must go there first, then after he does his business, he goes to California Dreaming. Trey said he comes in there all the time, everytime with a different prostitute, and he's a total dick. Anyway, back to my story now...So we got checked in, and headed up to our room. It was a nice room, with a roomy living room and a large bedroom with a king-sized bed. As I walked in, I immediately noticed that there was a keyboard on top of the television...I must admit I got a little excited! Then, as we settled in, Trey noticed a cord for hooking up a laptop...I thought for sure I would be playing on the internet while there!

So they have this manager's reception thing every night from 5:30-7:30, so we rushed downstairs for that. Free drinks and hors d'oveures (I have no clue if I spelled that right!), definitely not going to pass that one up, and we now only had a little over an hour! So Trey and I immediately headed to the bar. Our plan was to get tipsy, then hit up a restaurant for some eats, then maybe a movie, or go downtown and walk around or check out some of the bars and the like. I got a margarita, Trey got a Sumpin' Sumpin', as the bartender called it (cranberry, pineapple juice, grenadine and Bacardi). The margarita tasted like ass, but I drank most of it. Once Trey went back for seconds, I got what he was having. It was pretty strong, but I sucked it down in the name of getting free alcohol and getting my drink on! I think we both had another one, and then Trey had a few more. He got tired of that after about five or six of them, and switched to Tequila Sunrises. Once he brought himself one of those, I snatched it and made him finish my nasty S'S'. Then we both partook of another Tequila Sunrise. I think Trey got another one, and then two more S'S's, b/c they were up there. Somewhere in there I quit. Trey just kept sucking them down. I would dare say we drank over a hundred dollars worth of drinks. Yeah, we got our money's worth out of that free room! Last call came and went, and after Trey had sucked the last drop from every glass he could find, we headed back up to the room. On the way there, we sat in the sauna for a little while, then Trey snuck into one of the conference rooms and stole two muffins and ripped the doorknob off the handle and threw it back in like a grenade! Oh, just like old times!

(Here you can use your imagination and visualize what two very drunk people who have been pretty much celebate for almost two months and have a hotel room away from their children might do for about half an hour while they're both still concious.)

So, 8:15 came around, and I got up for a minute, and came back into the room to find Trey's naked body sprawled on the bed in a dead slumber! What the?! Everything I tried to do to wake him up was a failure. Finally, I managed to bug him enough, till he agreed to go take a shower to try to wake up, so we could go out to eat. This was about 8:30. I decided to make some calls and check on the babies. Everything was fine. Kewl. So, I watched some tv for a while, and found out that the internet was an $11 charge--no way! Around 9:00 I went to check on Trey (he's a very quick showerer, usually). He was sitting on the floor of the tub letting the water shoot down on him! Oh good grief! So I told him he had five more minutes. Back to the television watching, a rerun of The OC....till I realized it was 9:30 already. I went to get Trey out of the shower. Still on the floor of the tub, but sleeping now! Oh, whatever! I got him to get out, and he managed to make it to the room and get his clothes on. I went to put my shoes on, and came back in to find him, fully dressed this time, in another dead slumber and sprawled out on the bed! I gave up! I was hungry, and I wasn't waiting for him to sober up. Ten o'clock had now rolled around, and our chances for decent food had come and gone.

So, I drove a few miles, and hit up Applebee's in the hopes of having one of their salads that I love so much. Now, I'm not one to usually take inventory of all of the people in a place I am at, but as soon as I walked in, I quickly realized that I was the ONLY white person in there, aside from the bartender! The place was full, and I have to say, I felt REALLY white at that moment! It probably didn't help that I was none too sober at the moment, and I'm sure not walking and talking at my best! So, while I waited for my food to come, I read, reread, and reread the menu again, trying not to look up and look any more conspicuous than I already did.

When I got back to the room, Trey was in a nice, deep sleep. One that made me a little jealous, I have to admit. So, I did what any jealous now-sober person would do, and bugged the hell out of him till he woke up enough to be annoyed by me! I force-fed him, in the hopes that he would feel better with some food in his stomach. No luck. I put a carrot in his mouth, and all he did was complain about how disgusting that apple was! (???) I dragged him into the living room, thinking that if he was sitting up, he might eat and feel better. No luck. He just fell over onto a pillow on his lap, and passed out again! Whatever, I ate till I was sick (which wasn't hard, seeing that I was still full of cocktails!).

Finally, at about 12:30, when I decided I would call it a night and actually get a little sleep myself, Trey woke up and got all upset b/c I wouldn't go out with him! Whatever...it was his turn to watch me sleep!

This morning, over breakfast we discussed our exciting night. Trey is convinced that it was the tequila he drank that knocked him on his ass. Why then, I wonder, did he drink four or five tequila drinks? The world may never know...In order to fully understand why this story is funny to us, you would have to understand our drinking history. I have zero tolerance, yet will drink myself into a stupor whenever out, and Trey is usually left to take care of me once I've passed out and am puking everywhere. Trey is the one who has never been visibly drunk but once in the six years that I've known him. He has a wonderfully high tolerance, so it's a bit funny (and quite embarrassing to him) that he was so plastered last night and I was left to take care of him. I have to say, he's much more patient with my drunk ass than I am with his! On one last note, Trey is totally against my posting this, so go easy on him, please. He wanted me just to tell you that he went to bed early b/c he was really tired! Whatever!

Alright, if you made it thus far, I hope you have a great day, and I'll talk to you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 5:37 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I hope I didn't wake anybody up with my laughing! Great story. Don't worry, Trey. I think we've all been drunk and stupid. Last time I had tequila (5 shots on top of everything else) I ended up with a large lump on my head, and I woke up in bed with Steve and Cynthia, while Richard was in the room next door. I was fully clothed, nothing happened, so it wasn't as bad as it sounds, but it makes for a funny story.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Unknown

    So the guy you saw in the bar takes his prostitutes out to dinner? Do people usually do that?

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Christi

    She even had a pillow with her!

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger k8

    ummm...i don't know how to respond to this post. yikes. so many mental imahges my brain is on overload. i hope t-n-t don't have a another sibling soon, though. ha!

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger mrhaney

    well christi it sounds like you both had a good time. i use to be able to drink quite a few drinks but no more. iwill have a beer every once in a while now. maybe it is because i am just cheep.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger gina

    my fav part is the prostitute carrying in her own pillow- guess she wanted to be comfy?? lol

    so whats baby # 3 gonna be named? Tony? Trisha? Tatum? Trevor? HA HA kiddinggggggg glad you had ..... fun?

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger karla

    THAT IS SO FUNNY! I will say this, though: You are wrong, wrong, WRONG if you didn't take a picture of him passed out in the shower. I would have left, if necessary, to buy a disposable camera to record that moment.

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger karla

    Too Silly!