Saturday, August 06, 2005
For those with lives....
You will probably be laughing at me right now. I have no life. Well, I guess it's my children. I notice people are all out doing what normal people do on weekends...which is something, anything at all! Me, I'm watching The Simpsons, and blogging.

However, I am a bit excited today. Our house has yet again been redecorated to further appeal to and supply TJ with something else to entertain and fill his time. Last night, we reorganized the living room, again, and TJ got even more spoils. Now my two year old has his very own computer! Here's the really cool part, though...it's behind the couch, in a little corner! Now he can play his games in his very own little spot, and I can keep an eye on him. He was using mine, and every once in a while he'd get ahold of something on my desk, like a marker, and do some damage. Plus, he'd change all the settings on my desktop everytime I turned around! So now he's got his own little place to hang out. He spent almost the whole day there, and I can't say I was complaining! It was just so cute! We also brought our dining room table to the apt. from the garage. Now we have a place to sit and eat with TJ, so he can learn table manners and we can be more family-like when we eat. Before, TJ was eating on a little table in the same place as dining room table now, but all by himself, b/c it was so small (the computer is on it now). I felt bad, b/c I would sit on the couch, across the room, and he would be all by himself. Now we can eat together. We ate all of our meals there together today, and he talked my ear off! I can tell he was happy to have me there, though. Lastly, we moved his little kitchen set from behind the recliner to right next to the kitchen. Now when I cook, he can cook, too! I doubt he will, but if he does, that will be so cool! I love it when he pretends to cook food. It gets annoying after a while, but at first it's so cute, especially the things he brings me (a tomato, banana and half of a hamburger bun with a fried egg on it....strange stuff like that!). Anyway, I really wanted to have the table, and for TJ to have his own computer. I'm really excited about it! Now all I have to do is move the cat pic. above the table, and get a light for over there, and all will be complete. Check out my pics:

TJ working diligently to paint a picture of Pooh!


the living room with our newly added dining room table


The other angle of the living room...notice TJ's little head poking out from behind the couch!


the little kitchen next to the big kitchen!


This is the kitchen...I just threw that in b/c it was halfway clean! Note the empty wine rack in the corner...what's sad is we have more than enough wine to fill it!

*For those of you using Firefox, the captions won't match up with the pics. Sorry, I fought with it forever, and I don't know how to fix it!

So, today Taryn and I had a great conversation. I laid on the floor next to her and talked to her about her day. She cooed, and ahhed, and giggled the whole time! She was so excited, and wiggling all around. It was so much fun! I mean, come on, now why wouldn't someone want ten more little babies to have that experience with! I wouldn't be upset if I found out I was prego again. Oh, and just to point out to anyone who cares...TJ's name does not start with a T. His name is Robert. Soooo, I'm not hooked on T names...Anyway...

I hope you have a great day! I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 10:38 PM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger gina

    i like the new look. where is the stainless bakers rack now?
    it is good to have meal time together. glad you got it to fit :) yay now we can come for dinner? lol j/k

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Christi

    We took the baker's rack back to the garage. It was just collecting junk anyway. It's funny, when we got the table in, I was already trying to figure out when I could invite you guys over for dinner!

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger mrhaney

    i love that picture of tj. he looks like he is hard at work at his computer.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger gina

    oh yeah and where is the fort thing? i just gotta come see it for myself :)

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I like the way it's arranged.

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Your home looks awesome and so clean.

    Great little area for TJ. If I were two I would want to live at your house, you have that great kitchen, that awesome playcenter with slide. WHat a lucky little boy.

    Taryn is already getting so big. She looks so content during floor time.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    sure are alot of unwashed dishes
    and dont get me started on those dirty couches whew

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Christi

    Do you mean the dirty couches that someone promised to keep clean and take care of when we bought them? Those dirty couches? Yeah, I agree...

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger karla

    Everything looks so nice! I want to move in.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Tammy

    You have a cute appartment.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
    »