Thursday, August 18, 2005
Lord, give me strength...
Today was just one of those days. One of those ones you are really, really happy about when they are over!

This morning TJ had his first dentist appt. It went well. He behaved very well, and was a big, big boy! The dentist said his teeth look good, and that he had no cavities. However, he said he also foresees orthodontic problems in the future (read: braces). If you haven't noticed in pics, TJ's front teeth don't touch at all. The top ones curve up and out, and he has a BIG gap in b/t his front teeth. It's partially inherited from both sides (I've needed braces my whole life, but my mom said she couldn't afford them), but the pacifier didn't help, so sayeth the dentist. So, this afternoon, TJ was abruptly taken from his pacifiers forever. Just like that. I made no fanfare, and when I got home, I threw out every one of them. He wasn't too happy with me when naptime came, and thus refused to take one. However, I suppose that worked in my favor at night-night time. He cried for a tiny bit when I told him he couldn't have one, but before I knew it he was out cold.

Anyway, we went to the playground to celebrate his good behavior, but since it was so hot, it was short lived and we came home. After unsuccessfully trying to make my children sleep (so I could join them), I went and got all of the baby clothes I have out of the garage (Mark, that's gradge for you!). TJ was happily playing on his computer when I began. However, as soon as he realized what I was doing, he wanted nothing more than to have my undivided attention. That meant that he was willing to do ANYTHING to get it. Then, the baby decided that she would not be happy unless she was snugly in my arms. I wasn't having it. My drugs weren't doing their job. I'm not sure how many times I yelled at my kids to be quiet, but it was a lot. TJ was just running his mouth non-stop at me, and I had no idea what he was saying! When I would talk to him, he'd just go, "Huh?" over and over and over again. I wanted to strangle him! I was trying to sort through clothes, and everytime I'd put something somewhere, he'd come over and throw it across the room! Then the baby would scream! It was not fun. I was not happy. I was glad when I finally finished.

Then, I decided that I wanted to watch tv while we ate. So, as a special treat, we sat on the floor in front of the tv with our dinners. TJ wouldn't sit down, and I blinked (just that one time, of course), and as I opened my eyes, there went my chocolate milk all over the floor! Aaaaaggggghhhh! Well, not just on the floor. On Taryn and me, too! After I got that cleaned up I dropped food on my shirt! It has just not been my day!

Anyway, it was my fortune that I did not have to fight with either child to get them to go to sleep tonight. Thank goodness! Happily, my day is now over, and I can look forward to tomorrow, which I'm sure will be tons better! Have a great day! I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 12:08 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger gina

    you need a "mother's helper" as in the pill, not a nanny!! lol j/k
    sorry today went so bad - i hate days like that.
    yay for tj for no more paci, whether he is happy about it or not.
    dee, christi needs some good mommy spoiling i think!! :) xoxox

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger karla

    See this is what makes me afraid to have another child. I have just enough to do with one baby--not so sure I can handle two. I know there are plenty of people out there who somehow manage four even more, but I'm pretty sure they're far more patient, talented and capable than I am.

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger mrhaney

    hello christi. how are you doing now? my wife and i use to have a lot of days like you described. we had four children and it was very tough on us. it was almost impossibe to find a sitter for 4 children. we ended up gpoing to the malls a lot and just walking around. that was our big day out dragging all 4 around the mall.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger karla

    I think the dentist said the same thing to my mom about my teeth when I was little because I sucked my thumb for so long, but once my mom scared me into believing I was going to have buck teeth for the rest of my life, I stopped sucking my thumb (last year) and so far, no braces have been required.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    what a day. I am exhausted just listening to it.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Kurt

    The urge to strangle the little ones is a strong one.

    I say no chocolate milk for little boys who say Huh? to their mommies!

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Gee, that sounds like a bad day but it is over and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

    Karla, How did your mother get you to stop sucking your thumb?
    We have been trying to get Mackenzie to stop and she wouldn't have it.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger suze

    This totally sounds liked my house! The whole-attention thing, especially when I'm on the computer or really not giving him my undivided attention in any way. Anyway, I hope tomorrow gets better!