Sunday, July 10, 2005
To quote Shania Twain...
Man, I feel like a woman! Yes, it's sad that it takes so little to make me happy. However, I FINALLY got around to dying my hair tonight. I've only needed to do this for about three months or so now. I have made a vow everyday to do it that night...then 1 am or so comes around, and well, no way! It probably looks like crap (it hasn't dried yet, so I have no idea), but at least I covered up my greys! Now I feel like a woman again. Yeah, that's all it took...

So, I've discovered just how wonderful a routine can really be. I made a daily schedule about a week ago, and posted it on the refrigerator. I've been sticking to it all week (well, w/in an hour or so), and it's starting to work. I'm beginning to just know when I'm going to do stuff now, and stick to it. The best part, though, is TJ. He now knows when to expect me to stop what I'm doing and play with him one-on-one (I scheduled it in twice a day), and he knows when to expect everything else, too. He likes knowing that he gets to take a bath around 7, eat lunch around 2, etc...Of course, today he was particulary rotten (he wouldn't stop hitting the baby this morning b/c I was on the phone with my mom), so he had to go to bed. Little did I know that he would actually fall asleep. So his nap was moved back a couple of hours, and I was lost! It wasn't too bad, though. However, this routine has helped with his behavior, overall. Here's my big problem, though. I'm afraid to leave the house. I mean, I scheduled in time to leave, but I'm afraid I'll run over and throw it all off! Gotta work on that...

One more thing. TJ is ready to get potty-trained. Everytime we go in the bathroom, he wants to sit on it and go pee (he just pushes, but nothing comes out). I'm ready, too. I'm thinking of starting after next week (Trey's off Thurs.-Sat., so we're probably going to my mom's). What I want to know is if you can offer any tips before I begin. I mean, I've read up and stuff, but I think the real-world stuff might help more. You guys can tell me what doesn't work, too. I'm conflicted about getting pull-ups or not. If I don't have to, I certainly don't want to. Anyway, please let me know.

Okay, I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'll talk to you later!

My sleeping beauties...
 
posted by Christi at 12:10 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Renee

    They are so sweet!:-)

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger K. Inez

    *Shudder* Man, Enid has been a MASSIVE pain about potty-training. The girl just does NOT CARE if she has dirty britches. We've been at it for several months now, and we're just starting to get somewhere. I made here a calander chart thingy that she gets to put a sticker on whenever she goes. She gets massive enthusiasm for staying dry and if she poops in the potty she gets a BIG STICKER. Heh.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger gina

    that is one thing i excelled in , was potty training. go me! BA HA. i did pt in a day. i will chat with ya later bout it.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger K. Inez

    Forgot to mention...

    She is in big-kid pants during the day, unless we're going out or it's bed-time, in which case she wears pull-ups. She is not good about going potty in public, I think it scares her a little. We're taking it one step at a time.

    I take her to sit on the potty every half-hour, or 10 minutes after she's had a drink.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Unknown

    It sounds like you're feeling better.

    I'm probably not the one to ask about potty trainin. Gina, one day??? I waited until they were ready. For Andrew, he didn't pee in the potty until he was 3 years, 3 months. Alison almost trained before him. Once he was capable of it, I just stopped using diapers altogether. No pullups either. We had a few messes, but he was in charge of cleaning up. Of course, I went in after him to do a better job, but he soaked it up and wiped himself off, and felt like he done the full cleanup job. I tried to do it in a matter of fact, this is the way it is way, not really punishment. It didn't take long once he figured out what he was doing. Same with Alison, only she was old enough to witness his potty training, so it was easier for her. Both kids took several months to learn to poop in the potty after they learned to pee. Both of them I resorted to bribing them with M&M's the first few times, until they realized that poop in your underwear just doesn't feel good, and then they took it from there. If I could go back, I would have bribed them much sooner.

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger k8

    you have grey hair? i don't know why.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger karla

    So what colour did you dye your hair (I know I know...me and my ultra important questions).

    I just died mine dark again, and that *really* didn't help with this post partum hair loss issue thing....