Tuesday, July 19, 2005
I dare to defy Tom...
Ha ha! Screw you, Tom Cruise! I got a prescription for anti-depressants today, and I plan to use them and feel better!

Anyway, I went to my doctor today, and I'm just fine, she said. I actually saw the dr. instead of the midwife I was scheduled to see, which was strange. However, she was pretty cool. I told her how I've been losing my mind lately, and how my temper's been getting shorter and shorter and being a mom is getting harder and harder. We both agreed that I'm not depressed, thank goodness, but that I do probably have postpartum blues, which I already thought. So, she hooked me up with some samples of Lexipro, and a prescription, and I'm supposed to use it for a few months till I can get my brain back in order. I hope it works. I would love to be a happy person all the time! Like, when people ask how I'm doing, I'd love to say, "Fine, thank you," and mean it!

Oh, and I got my letter filled out, so now I can get unemployment again starting Sunday. Hooray! I feel like I'm a little pathetic being so excited about getting unemployment, but hey, I paid for it! Plus, being able to pay some bills and eat is always worth getting excited over! I think I may have a job lined up for when it's done, too, that will work with my schedule and I'll still be able to be with the babies most of the time. We'll see...

Oh, and you gotta see Taryn. She is dressed in her new outfit...brought by the clothes fairy Renee. I had these little duckie socks, and I was so upset, b/c I didn't think I'd get to use them with a matching outfit (I have a duckie onesie, but it's for when she's older). "Fear not," Renee said, "I have just the answer!" She looks SO cute! Oh, and there were lots of other completely adorable outfits, too! I'm so excited, I may just change her clothes ten times a day now! Thanks Renee!


Oh, and Curlytrouble's blanket is getting quite the use around here as well. My mom loved it when I took it to her house, and Taryn does as well! Thanks Tammy!

Okay, talk to you later! Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 12:31 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger gina

    How blessed to have such good friends who send such pretty gifts!!!
    whats the job?

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Oh I just love that picture. SO cute. RENEE, Rocks.

    I'm glad you two like the blanket. She looks so cute laying on it. Thanks for sending me that picture. I love it.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    The entire cruise family is praying for you, in a weird Scientology way.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger karla

    My mom took Lexapro, and she said it made all the difference in the world for her. Prior to that she always kind of poo-poohed the idea of antidepressants, saying she didn't want to become dependent on any pills, but then when her dr. finally talked her into it, she felt so much better so fast, she told me she should have done it years ago. Good luck with it, I hope you do as well on it as she did.

    Oh, and I saw my name on your blogroll (thanks, by the way!) and just wanted to point out--my name's not really Karla B, because Babble's not my last name. karlababble is just what happens when Karla starts babbling. Well, that, and people usually leave the room.

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Renee

    I am so glad you got the package and like all the stuff. I expect a picture of her in every outfit!lol

    I remember when my claire wore that outfit and now i can't believe how big she is! ASo glad you liked the stuff though!:-)

    I'll try to hook you up this fall too!

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger gina

    that duck outfit was so cute! i saw it first hand today!! she looked precious as always, but the ducks were adorable.... Christi had her so cute in matching socks and all!!! best dressed baby i have ever seen!! of course i am a little partial to my niece xox

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Your blogger pals sent such nice stuff. I love the pictures. I hope the medicine helps you feel better. LOL about defying Tom Cruise. What job do you have lined up?

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger k8

    you are officially banned from the TOP GUN fan club

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger MiMi

    The VERY BEST part of Top Gun was VAL KILMER!!!!! He makes Tom Cruise look like Booger in the Nerd movies!

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Christi

    Mommy! You are insane!