Wednesday, July 13, 2005
A day of firsts!
So yesterday, TJ went to see his first movie in a theater. They have kids movies in the theater down the street during the summer, and I took TJ to see Garfield yesterday. Gina also took Blake, and thankfully so (for my sanity's sake!) It was free, so I figured, "Why not?" I was pretty happy, b/c he made it through a little over half of the movie before he was ready to go. I really wasn't expecting him to make it longer than half an hour, not to mention the fact that we got there half an hour early. When he started showing me the giant fan on the ceiling, I knew it was over for him! The only thing that wasn't cool was that I bought him some Mini M&M's, and paid $2 for them. I was thinking I would get some big movie-sized package of them, so paying too much wouldn't be as bad. However, I was wrong. After I paid, they handed me this tiny little pack (the one you get for about $.40 at Wal-Mart!)! Then, while in the theater, TJ tried to adjust himself in the seat that kept closing on him, and poured out half of them! Later, during the movie, I tried to just pour them in his hand, and he wasn't down with that. So he yelled, "Mommy, don't pour them in my hand!" and while he was doing so, knocked them and dumped out about half of what was still left! So in essence, I paid $2 for about three Mini M&M's! Lesson learned...

Afterwards, we went to this little playground they have at the end of the shopping center where the theater is. I didn't know they had a little water shooter thing, but I wasn't worried. I mean, I paid $2 (another $2 wasted!) a few weeks ago for TJ to go play at a big, awesome water park, and he would have no part in it. Knowing this, I said, "TJ, you can get in the water if you want to." Yeah, another lesson learned. He got DRENCHED! He had so much fun, and it was all I could do to get him out of it to go home! I thought I was prepared, b/c I had an extra little romper in his bag, which has been there for months now just waiting for its chance to get used. Yeah, found out that TJ actually has grown, and boy did he look silly in his little dress! He was about two inches longer than the romper, so I couldn't button it at the bottom! Fun stuff! He had SO much fun, though, and notice the big swelled diaper sticking out of his too heavy jean shorts that were falling down!
DSCF0131I love this picture!Splish splash!DSCF0141

Later, I was invited to go to the Faith Circle meeting at Two Peas in a Pot for my church. I was psyched, b/c I would get to be with other adults, and not b/c of children! So, for the first time ever, I hired a babysitter to come to our house! Thanks again to Gina, who recommended S, who babysits for them. He was awesome! I was nervous that TJ would misbehave (why, I don't know), so I think in the process of telling him about TJ, I tried to prepare him for every bad thing TJ could or would do. When I got home, S said, "Man, you made me think he was going to be some bad kid. He was great!" Oh, he totally made my day! TJ loved him! I knew he would though, b/c I had to feed the baby before I left, and by the time I did, TJ was like, "Yeah, bye," when I went to leave. Ummm, I suppose that's a good thing, sniffle sniffle...

Oh, and I had tons of fun at the Faith Circle meeting, too. I made a coffee cup that says "TJ and Taryn's MOMMY". Yes, it's lame, but I never claimed to have any artistic or creative talent whatsoever. However, I was only one of two people that didn't make a plate that had a pineapple or a palmetto tree on it. Those are so in now, I guess. So at least mine was unique...Yet another first, going to the meeting, that is...Hope they don't mind me showing them off...
The Faith Circle group

Anyway, that was quite long. You can see why I was totally pooped last night when I finally hit the sack! So, today we're doing...NOTHING! Well, aside from washing clothes and the like! I hope you have an exciting day full of lots of firsts, and I'll talk to you later.
 
posted by Christi at 11:30 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger gina

    and the best thing was i got to love on and hold taryn....till she got hungry, and i quickly gave her back to christi :) lol. she smelled so good and babyish. it was fun!!

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Looks like fun. Maybe palmettos and pineapples are easy to make. ??? I'm terrible at all that stuff, so I wouldn't know.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Rick

    cool stuff - bet they loved the water! blurfed here from renee's blog, saw that you're in columbia, too. we go to church at seacoast-irmo, which meets in the theater where my wife took the kids this morning to see garfield. small world after all!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Sounds like you had a great time away from the kids. We all need that every now and then.
    How hard was it to leave Taryn with a sitter?

    Love the pictures.

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger karla

    Love the diapery bum shot! When we go the movies, we sneak our treats in! We get dirty looks when we open our pop cans, but whatever...treats are WAY overpriced.

    So when are you gonna take ME to the sprinker park?

    Oh...today as for my "firsts". I had a lunch meeting with my boss and had to lie and be as deceitful as possible about pretending to still be interested in my job, while smiling like a sweet little angel. My dad said that is called getting "grin fucked" when you're all phoney and deceitful like that while maintaining a stupid smile of your face. So today, I grin fucked! Fun fun!

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger gina

    ok, rick s, seems you have a chilis logo- my DH is a manager at chilis in our area. funny about the movie and seacoast... this is all too strange. gonna go tell wes to read your blog- he needs a friend. lol