Sunday, July 10, 2005
A busy day, indeed!
The day started early, about 7:30 am. My Sunday School class was covering the monthly breakfast, and we were supposed to be there at 8:25. Well, that was my goal...but unfortunately I didn't make it there till almost 9. Not bad, considering I had two kids that weren't working with me at all. I didn't feel too bad, either, b/c another couple didn't show up until long after me, and they only had one baby to get ready, and two people to do it!

So it was Taryn's first trip to church today. I was excited. I dressed her all up in the dress that I have vowed she would wear as her first trip to church dress since I bought it. It fit wonderfully, and looked MAGNIFICENT on her! See for yourself:



I know, I know, beautiful baby. I couldn't have said it better myself...So anyway, we went to church. I suppose everything went well. She was an angel. TJ was very well behaved, and, although he fought it at first, I think he was glad to be back there to play with the couple of other kids in the room, and be away from me for a while(Or is it the other way around!). During the service, she went calmly to sleep while the organ played. It was pretty cool. I decided I'll just have to get an organ now! The only thing that wasn't all that cool was that another couple brought their baby in for the first time today, too. He's two weeks older than Taryn (to the day). Of course, the couple that are his parents have been going to the church for years now, and the mom is really outgoing and knows everyone. We are all in the same Sunday School class. So we were everywhere together. I don't know people very well yet, and I didn't really want to yell out to everyone to look at my baby. So, consequently, she was kinda overshadowed by the other little baby there. It was kinda like this: "OH, look at little Ethan! He's so adorable!...chat, chat, chat...Well, gotta run now. (turn around) Oh, look, another little baby. She's cute. Bye!" I really need to get more involved and meet some of these people. I'll make that my goal. I guess it doesn't matter if anyone looked at her, really, except that I wanted everyone to see her absolutely adorable dress and little headband (I'm in love with those things! If it didn't look like I was squeezing her head off, I would have them on her 24-7). Honestly, though, the other mom handled it much better than I did. Whenever someone would say something to me, I wouldn't know what to say back except thank you. I need to work on that, but what do you say exactly? Oh well. It was wonderful to be back at church again. It makes me feel all good inside, and it was nice just to be around other adults for a bit!

Afterwards, we went down the street, and caught Gina, Wesley and kids before they left their church. I was SO happy that they are back! I have already promised them that I will hunt them down like bounty this week so TJ can play with Blake and Julia. He has done nothing for the last week but ask me when they can come play with him and eat all of our food (???). Plus, Blake hooked TJ up with a candy bar, which he ate half of for lunch...which reminds me, I'll be right back...

Ahhh, now that's better. Anyway, one more thing and I'll go. So TJ found this penny while we were visiting Wes's church. He was convinced that he needed to go to the store and spend it immediately, on candy of course! I thought it was kinda cute, and I figured it would teach him a little bit about how he has to pay for things before he can just have them. So I played along. We ran to Wal-Mart this afternoon for some stuff, and when we went to check out, he got to pick one piece of candy at the checkout. He picked a Push-Pop. Works for me. So I went to the cashier and told her that he was going to hand her the sucker, then a penny to "pay for it". She said fine. He hands her the sucker, she scans it and gives it back. Then he goes to hand her the penny, and she says, "You can keep it." Ummm, what! TJ was dumbfounded, with a very confused look on his face, and tried to give her the penny again. "You can keep it." Is there a law against hitting dumb cashiers? Now my child has no idea what to do, b/c Mommy specifically told him he can't have the candy until he pays for it. She won't let him pay for it! So he hands it to me, I try to get him to look away, and put the penny back in my purse (he actually lost the first penny he found, but I told him he dropped it in my purse!). So, lesson lost. A stupid person has botched it up. I guess you get what you pay for, and a penny won't get you far!


What's up with dumb cashiers harshing my vibe!?

Well, that's my day for you. Hope yours was great, and that tomorrow is, too. Talk to you later!

 
posted by Christi at 11:06 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I like the way you take a simple experience and make it interesting.

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger MiMi

    I was brain dead when you told me that story, but after seeing it in print I have come up with what you should do if it happens again. If I were you, I would attempt to do the whole scenario again, even on a regular basis, to get TJ in the habit of "having to pay" for items he wants. Anyway, if the cashier tells him to just keep the money, you should tell him/her, "No, he has to "pay" for things he wants or it would be stealing". Then do the "wink-wink" thing. If they're not total morons, they should understand what you're trying to do. Oh, well, just a suggestion. Mom

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger karla

    Too funny! I remember when I was little we could actually buy candy for a penny! Ahh..those were the good old days.

    OMIGOD! DID I JUST SAY THAT? Slap me. I have to remember that makes me sound old!

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Tammy

    LOL, Oh Karla is too funny.
    I was thinking the samething. I would go to the corner store and buy candy for pennies.

    And as for the Dumb Cashier. I hope you were not talking about me. FOR I AM A CASHIER.
    But I have parents do that all the time. They get their kids to pay for their things and I just take the money and then later whent he child is not looking I give it back to the parents.
    I can't believe there are cashiers out there who don't know this trick.
    I teach this trick to the Cashiers I train. It is a must because if they don't learn this I would have Parents write up a post about us DUMB CASHIERS on their blogs. LOL.

    Taryn looks way cute in her dress.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Renee

    Those kids of yours are WAYYYYY cute!

    BTW- My hubby didn't get your package out Friday. Did he take it to work with him this morning? Ummmm NO! I will probably just go mail it myself in a little while. If not it will be going out tomorrow. Sorry chickadee!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Unfortunately, there IS a law against hiting dumb cashiers.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Christi

    Tammy, just to let you know, my absolute favorite job ever was as a cashier! I was one at Home Depot (and other places, but...), and it was so much fun meeting all of the customers! I'm not in any way calling all cashiers dumb, just the one I checked out with yesterday!