Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Yippee!
I had the best day today! I was in such a good mood, and nothing could bring me down! When I woke up I checked my email real quick before I ran out, and Julia sent me an email that said, "I LUV U!" It totally made my day! What a wonderful and unexpected surprise to start my day with a smile! Oh, and speaking of which, today is Share a Smile Day, so please share a smile with someone. Julia really shared a smile with me! Tomorrow is Dr. Suess's birthday, as well.

So has anyone ever had an email conversation with someone at work? By this I mean those little strings of emails that you pass back and forth where you say stupid stuff, exchange dirty jokes, talk about somebody, whatever. I had one today, and it was the highlight of my schoolday. I just emailed another special ed teacher to ask him about something on an IEP, and in the email I asked him how he is liking his new truck. He wrote back something, and we ended up talking about cars for a while, then who knows where it went from there! All I know is that I'm glad I didn't have any students at the time, b/c I was laughing out loud! Aren't those kind of conversations just so much fun! I used to have a buddy that we would have those a few times a week, but now he doesn't have email anymore, boo hoo! Like, we didn't talk about anything important, as that would spoil the mood, but it was fun just to know that I would get stupid little comments from him throughout the day, and I would have to think of something equally witty to write back. I think that if I could have more little conversations like that, I would be happier at work! The best part is later when you run into each other at the copier or something, you kind of chuckle together at your dumb little inside joke, and you know that both of you were slacking off together! I know that's one thing I'll miss when I don't work there anymore. I've thought that I could probably email some people at work from home, but it just wouldn't be the same. Anyone else ever have these, or is it just me (and my unwitting victims!)?

I am so excited! The next couple of months are going to be so busy, and so much fun stuff is coming up in my life! TJ's birthday party is going to be on March 26th. We are going to have it at Finlay Park, which is this HUGE park in downtown Columbia that TJ loves. We are going to have a picnic, and play games (like soccer or something like that), and have pb&j sandwiches and cupcakes made in ice cream cones (I can't wait to make those!)! I know TJ is going to love it, and we get to see all kinds of friends and family! Then, on April 9th, Marie is going to have a baby shower for me in Summerville. I get to hang out with all my home friends and party! I'm not sure what she plans to do yet, but I know it will be tons of fun! On April 23rd, Gina is going to have my Columbia shower, and it is going to ROCK! It's going to be at Atlanta Bread Company, and I can't wait! I like that it's unique and at such a cool place. I love ABC! I feel so spoiled! I had no idea that people loved me so much, and I am so lucky to have such awesome friends (and family)! What a truly lucky person I am! The best part is that with all this excitement, the time is just going to fly by, and before I know it, I will be the mommy of two awesome children! YIPPEE!

Alrighty then, I guess that's enough adrenalin for one day! I hope you are having a super-hyped day like mine, and that tomorrow is even better! See you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 5:28 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger karla

    WOW! You are so totally in an awsome mood today. Just reading your post put me in a better mood! :)

    I have a confession to make...at work I use web messenger. They block MSN on our network, but I can still chat on the web version.

    So you get TWO SHOWERS? Yeay for you! Thats so fun. I am sort of nervous about my shower this weekend. I know I was at my wedding shower because I have this weird feeling of guilt accepting presents from other people! Weird eh? Im still going to love everything I get though! I can't wait to see all the cute little baby surprises people will share with me.


    Your shower in Columbia is a day before my due date! If I havent went into labour yet, make sure to send me some labour vibes OK? hee hee...I am sooo ready to have this baby!

    Oh...I'll have to get that cupcake in an icecream cone recipe from you! That sounds too cute. You know I'll be bugging your for ideas for my kids birthdays right?

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger karla

    Ok...Im totally asking for it by posting this...but its too funny to resist...

    Goggle "Miserable Failure" and click the "Im feeling Lucky" button (to bypass the results page and go directly to the top hit)

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Christi, it makes me happy that my short message made you smile! I am going to try my best to make it to TJ's party. I don't think we have anything going on.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Christi

    You are such a dirty bird, Karla! I LOVE it! Yes, sure, some will be upset, but hey, GET OVER IT! I think it's great...almost as great as your pic with him! Trey should check it out, I'm sure he'll love it!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Sadi

    How fun was that post! I will have to share the smile today! :) How exciting having two baby showers! Hope your day today is just as great!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Kim

    Gotta love happy days! Yay! I work for a large insurance company and the whole center emails back and fourth. It makes for a better day to share a joke or funny story. We all sneak online and check our personal email too! Shhhhhh! hee,hee!
    Glad you had a wonderful day! Happy Birthday to TJ whos b-day is coming up soon!