Friday, February 25, 2005
Man, oh man!
I may be temporarily out of the blogging business, except for a brief stop-in. I am in love with my new DVR! Right now I am taping a movie, have one on pause, and have about three set to tape tomorrow! Also, since TJ always wants to watch "Cahtooooonnnns" at wierd times that they are not on, I decided to tape all of his favorites tomorrow, and then we can just watch them as we please. How brilliant this device is! I may never leave the television again! This is why I may just have to return it next week!

Just for a wrap-up, the new word of the week, every week, at school is RIOT. Why, you ask, would we even dream of teaching the boys about such a terrible word? Well, I say, b/c that word got us out of teaching today! We were originally set to watch a movie for black history month, called Lilies of the Valley (which, from what I saw, had nothing to do with black history), during first and second periods. Okay, fair enough. A couple of hours of freedom. Then, during third period, they told the boys not to move to their next class, and we kept our first period boys until lunch, while we watched October Sky. Definitely not black history, although a pretty good movie. I joked with the librarian, and emailed her and asked her what was on for after lunch. I figured for sure they would make us go to at least a couple of classes today. She said, "Keep your television on." "Hmmm, something is up," I thought. So I go home for lunch, as usual, and on my way back to school, I notice that there are no boys anywhere. Usually they are congregated outside the door in lines waiting to get in. Some are walking down the road to the school, coming back from their dorms. However, it was like a ghost town. By then I pretty much knew what was up, but still I had to see. Sure enough, when I got into school, I was told that there would be no classes this afternoon. HOORAY! I really didn't even need the time off, and I had a pretty cool lesson planned, but I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth! When I asked why, I was told that there was information that there was going to be a big riot b/t the Charleston boys (I would have rooted for them, even though I loathe the idea of rioting!) and the Columbia boys. Hmmmm....In my time, over a year now, I have never once seen a riot happen at our school. It may very well be b/c whenever they hear about them, we don't have classes, or they hold them in classes. Or, it may be that they were really never going to happen. Either way, I'm happy. So, it was decided that we must somehow subliminally get the boys into the mindset to start talking about riots near the end of each week, and see if we can't get out of some more work! Ms. Boyd and I agreed that if we plant in the minds of the Greenville, Spartanburg and Orangeburg boys that they didn't get their just dues, and we worried too much about Chas. and Cola., then perhaps they will start something. Yes, that will work....I only wish it really would, and that I would have the guts to do it. I will ask about it on Monday, since the boys know the most about this kind of stuff (they always know what's up before we do). Maybe then I will just slip in here and there how it wouldn't hurt to just talk about some as they walk past security and the principal every now and then!

Alrighty then, I must go catch my tv before the pause comes off! I hope you have a wonderful day! I, myself, am going shopping for baby clothes tomorrow! See you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:49 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 1:50 AM, Blogger Sadi

    All I have to say is please don't quit your blogging business!! Good luck with your DVR.......as my Marcus would say "What the hoopin heck is DVR?"

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Kim

    Nooooooo - you cant quit blogging for a DVR what ever that is! hee,hee! I love reading everyones post even though I'm behind!

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Christi

    Oh, you silly girls! Of course I won't stop blogging! I am too sickeningly addicted to stop! My husband is so jealous of this computer! I am very excited about our DVR, though. I don't think it will last long, though. I have already scheduled about three thousand things to tape, and failed to plan a time to watch them! Right now I am taping Cheaper by the Dozen (I love that movie!). At this very minute The Matrix Revolutions is starting to tape. I am taping all three of them, with the hopes of moving it to a vcr tape. Trey has decided that we will get rid of our BLockbuster monthly bill and replace it with this and HBO. I say that's cool, it's easier to not have to leave the house!

    Kim, if you don't know what DVR is, then I'm sure that Gina will be talking to you soon enough....It's all her fault I'm hooked on it now.

    Thank you everyone for such nice comments! I am so thrilled that you take your time to come and say hi to me!

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Mark

    Yeah DVR's kick ass. I really want one but it's not looking too promising for the time being. I guess I'll just have to stick with my "on-demand" which is sorta like a DVR but not nearly as cool