Saturday, February 19, 2005
VD Celebrated...
Tonight Trey and I celebrated Valentine's Day. I thought it funny when he said to me that when he saw the original post that said "It's VD!" he was a little worried. I thought it would be funny, but it never occurred to me that it might worry Trey. Ha ha ha! Maybe it convinced him, if ever so briefly, that he should start listening more to what I tell him (like, "I have a funny itch b/t my legs, and I think I'm going to the doctor."). Of course, that would be asking a lot to expect him to listen to what I say! I mean, I am his wife and all! (You know I didn't really go to the doctor, right. There is no itch...)

So anyway, we went out for Valentine's Day tonight. TJ went to church with Aunt Gina and Uncle Wesley and kids, and had a BLAST! Gina said he ate more than I've seen him eat in about three months, all meals combined! So that was nice. We went out to Carabba's. We really couldn't decide where to go. I wanted to try something different, but not too far from home, and we have been there once and liked the food. So, Carabba's it was. After we waited for what seemed like forever, Trey got lasagna and I got eggplant parmesan. Good food. The best part, though, was the good company. We had a great time talking, and we were totally civil the whole time. I said we would try not to talk about TJ, but, alas, to no avail. Trey told me a story about him that almost made me cry (I'll tell it later on here). I got a little teary-eyed! It was nice, though, just to go out alone, and not worry about him being alright. What's funny is that there was a crying baby there while we were waiting, and it was SO annoying! I'm so glad TJ never cries like that!

Afterwards we went to get ice cream at the Marble Slab Company. I would never pay to eat there, except that we got gift certificates for Christmas. It just hurts to think of paying $5 for an ice cream cone! Don't get me wrong, it was really good, but you can buy two half gallons of the good ice cream at the store for the same price! Anyway, it was too crowded in the shop itself to sit down, so we sat in the car and talked. It was fun! I even got some ice cream on my chin and had Trey lick it off. It was hot! If you know anything about me, you would understand that this was a strange feeling to me, as I do not like people touching my face. I ESPECIALLY don't like my face being licked or getting spit on it in any way! So, it was kinda cool to be having so much fun that it kinda turned me on!

We were going to go to the movies afterward, but by the time we finished eating our ice cream, it was already nine o'clock, and, sadly, Trey had to come home and write his schedule for work! I am so glad we got to go out, though. It was definitely a needed break! Thanks so much to Gina and Wesley for helping make it possible! TJ sure does love to go see you guys! You should have seen him when they got to their house. He just walked right in and headed right to Julia's room and started playing, like he owned the place!

So, I have to tell you my TJ story, and then I'll let you go (assuming you're still here!). Trey took him to Toys'R'Us today, and they were playing with the little wooden train set-up they had in there. There was a chair laying on the floor beside TJ, with some scattered toys around it. Trey said that a woman went to walk by, and TJ ran over and picked up the chair, moved it to the side, put the toys on it, and then stepped aside to let her pass(this was where the tears started welling up!). She commented that he was such a good little boy, and asked if he usually cleans up like that at home. Trey told her yes, and then as she walked away, he knocked the chair back over! Yep, that's my child for you! Oh, but how exciting is that! My child, MY CHILD, got a compliment on being a good boy, and he TOTALLY earned it! What good manners he has! We are doing such a great job raising him! These are the moments you never forget, and cherish. These are the moments that make me secure in my mothering abilities. I love my child!

Anyway, I suppose I've gone on long enough. Nice talking to you. I hope your day is totally exciting, like mine will be! I'll see you soon! Later!
 
posted by Christi at 12:48 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Mark

    Hey Christi,

    What a great story. I too loved the VD joke. I don't think I'd ever heard it b4 so it was extra funny to me!

    It sounds like TJ is becomming quite the young gentleman. No doubt it's from having such a great mom & dad!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    glad you had fun. tj was good and my kids had fun with him.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger karla

    What a great VD date. Your dinnner sounds yummy :).

    We went out for VD dinner last week too...although I didn't have any facial ice cream liking action going on ;)

    That's halarious about TJ being such a perfect little gentleman, and even "putting" everything back the way he found it. Are you sure he is only 2? I'm 25 and I still don't have manners like he does :)

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Sounds like a good time. So, did you get jiggy later on?

    To the other readers: Last time I saw Christi I rubbed my finger on her face just to make her mad. You should have seen the look on her face! Hahaha.

    About TJ, I know exactly what you mean about him. He has is very sweet and well-mannered. It would be hard not to like him.