Thursday, February 10, 2005
Like, Oh my GOD Becky!
It would take WAY too long to cover all of my day in one post. I will try to be short on the less important stuff. How's that?

First, I came in late to work today. Just a little bit late for first period. I had to get my students from another teacher's class. When I went to get them, she was PAINTING HER FINGERNAILS!!! She had almost 20 students in her classroom (only 2 were mine), and instead of being a teacher, she was doing her nails. I only hope that the horror I felt was conveyed on my face. What upset me the most, is that this woman has it out for me, and is always the first to turn me in for any mistake I make, and talk bad behind my back. I wanted SO bad to tell someone and get her in trouble, but I will not stoop to her level. It does really upset me, though, as she parades around as this great teacher.

So then, 2nd period comes, and I get called to go talk to the principal. I can honestly say that I was so hoping I had done something so bad that she was going to fire me (I'm still on my one year probation till April, and can be fired for pretty much nothing, and no one ever knows what they've been doing wrong until they get caught doing it). I apparently talked about something with a parent of a student that I wasn't supposed to (again, was never told of this), and also told a social worker something about a student that was incorrect (long story, but it was apparently my mistake, and had this not come up, they would never have said a word about it, he would never have been punished for his behavior, and I would have continued to make the same mistake with no consequences for the students), and she has to now go and talk to said social worker and fix the problem. I told her I was sorry I didn't know better, as I had never been told, and she sent me on my way. So I didn't get fired yet, igh!

I made it all the way to lunch w/o too many problems after that (2 whole periods). Then, during 5th period, my lead teacher comes in and asks me how the head of special ed. (an evil witch that takes pleasure in hunting out our errors and yelling at us until we cry) knows about a mistake I made the other day on an IEP. I had covered it, and all was to be well, or so I thought. Undoubtedly, this was not the case, as one of my fellow spec. ed. teachers decided to go behind my back and tell on me. I am about 90% sure I know who it is, and it really, really hurts my feelings that she would do such a thing. Funny, she was absent today, and when I found out I was watching her class! So now I get to try to get this whole mess fixed, and hopefully w/o the big, bad boss coming and trying to make me cry again. However, if she does, I do feel certain that that will be my last day.

So, I go to get ready for the next two IEP's I have to have meetings for this afternoon, and, lo and behold, my computer program to write them is not working! Now I have to wait until the end of the school day, which is our only planning time, if you could call it that, to hunt down a computer with a working program on it and type them up! Plus, I still have to have the meetings! It happened, but barely. Glad it did, though, b/c otherwise I'm sure the boss would find out about these mistakes and have a field day with it all!

So, I have decided that my new goal at work is to get fired. I figured out that if I get fired, then I can draw unemployment. I figure that if I keep making mistakes like the ones I made yesterday, then I should be fine, and fired by the end of next week. Of course, that is just a dream, b/c they won't fire me b/c I want it too bad, and they need me too bad. So, another teacher offered to let me hit him. He said that was a surefire way to get me fired in a heartbeat, and he promised he wouldn't press charges. I'm seriously contemplating it....seriously.

So I am on my way home, and Gina calls to see if we want to go eat with them at their house. I hate accepting their offers, b/c I am not very well equipped to return the favor. However, Trey was off today, and I thought it would be so much fun for us to go over and spend quality time with another cool couple, and my nephew and neice. Then, something came up and it got cancelled. I wasn't mad or anything, but it was a little sad. I got a little too excited about getting to hang out. No worries, though, b/c we promised to do it again soon. I think it was just more upsetting b/c of the day I had already had.

Finally, we are home and settled, and the OC is about to come on. Trey's mom is here, b/c she is staying with TJ tomorrow, and I suddenly think of the Valentine's cards I had made at Wal-Mart, and how I want to go ahead and give her hers. I get up to go get them, and I realize I have no idea where they are. I look everywhere, and they are nowhere to be found. I call Trey, who's at the store, and he has no idea. We left them in the basket last night. They are gone. For the first time I'm on time, and I actually am planning to do something, and still I mess it up. It only seems fitting for a day like today. So now I'm out the cutest little V-Day cards in the world. I thought I couldn't be more depressed.

I can. It seems that Sandy is stupid enough to leave his wife on Valentine's Day to go see his ex, and tell her goodbye before she leaves town. BAD move! Then, while he's there, he kisses her, then tells her not to leave town. I thought I was going to die! Sandy has always been my constant, and here he has ruined his relationship, just like that. And Kirsten is the best wife in the whole wide world! I'm now completely devastated! Btw, if you don't watch the OC, this last paragraph is completely confusing to you.

So, that's my lousy day in a nutshell. A pretty bad day indeed. I will say, though, that I found out the details for the rally on Tuesday that I wanted to go to, and I plan on going. That is exciting. I just hope Tuesday doesn't turn out to be a day like today, or I'm in for tons of fun.

I'm sorry if this was depressing, and lacking in anything interesting to you. It did feel good to vent, though, so my writing this had some value. I do hope that your day goes great (as I hope for my tomorrow), and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:49 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Blogs are a good place to vent. Get it out here so you don't have to carry it around and take it out on someone else.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger karla

    Hee hee...what a great co-worker you must have to volunteer to get beat up by you! It sounds like the office politics and "Adults" you work with are more difficult to deal with than the kids you work with some days! Go figure eh?

    Can you believe its valentines day already! I hope that means lots of CHOCOLATE! :)

    Hope your day goes better today.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Mr Brightside

    Christi,
    Sounds like you had a completely crap day. Relax, its Friday (as I write).

    Cheers for the mention in your blog, a couple of people said it’s interesting to see things from a blokes point of view. Well I’ll keep openly blogging as long as you guys keep reading. Its fun to get comments and messages of encouragement from people all over the world.

    Have a great weekend.

    Tim
    "gonnabedad.blogspot.com"

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger carmie

    on the oc :
    does anyone else think marissa is just using alex to shock julie enough so she can move out? did anyone else notice pinback playing in the background of this episode? does anyone else know who pinback is...heh.

    yes, sandy's not showing his best side lately. i hope kirsten doesn't let this slide.

    christi - hi! i figured it was about time i checked out kirstin's sister in law :)