Sunday, February 06, 2005
I forgot, of course!
So, I finally felt well enough to go to church today. I am so glad I did, and I can't wait to go back next week! When I first went to drop TJ off in his daycare room, they were so happy to see him, and there were actually a couple other kids there. Usually, there may be one, but that's it. He didn't even cry when I went to leave. He's growing up so fast! What a big boy! The other little boys' parents had left several minutes before, and they were still crying! Oh, but on the sign in table, they had a list of all of the pregnant people in the church, and when they are due. I was shocked! I knew there was the one girl with twins (Egad!), and one other I had heard about, but that was it. There are like, nine or ten pregnant women! I'm due next to last, with one due in July after me. Wow! I had no idea, and it's kinda exciting. I'm wondering if maybe I can get to know some of the moms, since we will obviously have a lot in common, and get to be friends with them. That would be cool. What also excites me is that I know there will be lots of little people for Taryn to play with in her class, since they will all be born before September, when the grades change. Hooray! I was also excited b/c not only did Ruth sit next to me (which is cool, b/c she was my first real church buddy, even though she's old enough to be my grandma!), but we had communion today. I like communion, and the bread, for some reason, was just really good today. The best part of church, however, was the sermon. Well, kinda. To be honest, I really wasn't feeling it like I usually do for the most part of it. Usually everything he says is just so profoundly speaking to me and my problems at that second, that I was a little let down that I felt like he was talking about something not pertaining to my immediate troubles today. Go figure, he didn't automatically tap into my brain and feel moved to write about me! Here's the kicker, though, and the reason for my title today: The last line of his sermon just hit me, and I felt like it really got to me and answered all of my questions. I thought for sure that it would change my life, and I would never forget it. I would love to tell you what it was he said, but I FORGOT IT! Needless to say, when I left church today, I felt good, and I feel motivated to carry on and try to make the best of my life right now.

Thanks go out to Karla and Daemon Cain, for all of their nice words and really thought provoking comments of the last couple of days. They have told me things I already know, but have chosen to push to the back of my mind and ignore. So, in essence, they have brought them back to the forefront of my brain, and hopefully I will be able to keep them there, instead of the depressing crap I have been set on. I think that staying home sick all last week and not thinking about anything external really didn't help at all. Sometimes it's just nice to focus on stuff outside of home, so you can focus a little less on problems in the home. I think that's kinda what Pastor Jones was talking about today in his profound statement (which I forgot!) during the sermon. I think he said essentially what Karla said, and Daemon, that God has a plan for everyone, and we have to learn from it. Something like that. I think I will have to email him and ask him what it was he said, b/c it's bothering me that I can't remember, especially since I was so convinced that it was going to make such a difference in my life!

I watched Win a Date with Tad Hamilton today. It was cute. I have been wanting to see it for a long time. I really like Topher Grace. I don't know why, but I think he's so cute, and I really like his sarcasm. Of course the movie was cheesy at times, which I totally expected. However, it was very likable if you are expecting a teen kinda flick. The guy, Josh Duhamel, who played Tad isn't really much of a favorite to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's pretty good looking and all, but he just doesn't do it for me. However, upon watching this movie, I noticed that he looks a LOT like one of my favorite actors in the world, Timothy Olyphant. Now, Timothy is HOT! I kinda wish he was in the movie instead, even though I don't think he was quite right. Check them out, tell me if you think they look similar.

Well, I gotta go back to work tomorrow. Igh! It's like, I'm looking forward to going back, somewhat, but not really. I liked being with TJ all day everyday. I'll miss him this week. Just four more months, and I can have that! I can't wait! I am so excited that there are so many pregos out there! I'm so excited for everyone! I hope you all have a terrific day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:04 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I've never heard of either of those guys. I think they both look good.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Christi

    You do what at church? You get excited about how good the bread tastes during communion, or you totally forget profound sermons that could possibly change your life!?