Friday, February 04, 2005
A Sigh of Relief
Today was filled with much better news. Amanda had her surgery, and everything went fine. Karla was allowed to leave the hospital, and she and the baby are okay. If you prayed for them, thank you. Here, again, is proof that prayer works!

So I'm taking this medicine to get rid of this sickness, and I swear it's side effects are worse than what I was experiencing. The doctor told me to drink lots of water with the codeine, but I didn't realize that she meant I needed a tap hooked to my mouth! I have been drinking water like it's going out of style all day, so much so that it makes me sick. However, everytime I stop drinking it for a little while, my mouth dries out and I get a whopper headache! Plus, everytime I take any of the medicine, I get VERY tired and weak. I sure hope it's all gone before Monday, b/c I don't see me taking it during school hours! My cough is on its way out, though, which is good since TJ ate all of my cough drops!

Big news that I need your help with again...Tomorrow is the actual open house for our house. It's from 1-3 pm. The weather is expected to be pretty good, from what I've seen, and Trey went today and tidied up and freshened the air. All of the lightbulbs are in perfect working order, and he even blew the leaves all over again. So, it's at its best now, and I just pray that someone comes to see it and falls in love with it. My mom has been mindful to remind me that usually open houses really don't draw that much attention, and it probably won't sell b/c of it. However, I must keep hope alive. Tim, the realtor, advertised it online and in the Lancaster newspaper, plus he's putting up signs everywhere. So hopefully that will get a few people out. It only takes one serious looker to like it, right. If the house doesn't sell, we will be forced to look into drastic measures that could end up hurting us credit-wise. Soooo, please, if you read this in time, pray, pray, pray that it gets sold! We need all the help we can get! I feel like this is beginning to become a prayer request blog of sorts, but I promise that I will back off after this. Just so much important and scary stuff has been going on lately.

Oh, and I guess this is good news. For those of you that don't know, I haven't spoken to my dad in well over a year now. We are on the outs for many reasons, which I won't go into now. However, lately it seems that my problems with him have drifted over into the lives of the rest of my siblings (with the exception of my little brother, who just doesn't give a damn), and caused problems with them as well. So, a month or so ago I sent my dad a card telling him that I want to mend our problems and settle our differences. I didn't hear back from him, so I figured he didn't want to. My sister, who's also on the outs with him right now, asked him if he had gotten it (at my request), and he said yes, and that he was waiting to hear from me. I figured the card had put the ball in his field. I thought that was the end of it till we approached it again in the future. However, tonight he called and said that next time I was in town he wants to get together and talk about it and get back on good terms. That's good, I think. I'm not too thrilled b/c he said he wants me and him, and his wife Wanda to all sit down and talk, but I really don't want to talk to her, at least until I've talked to him alone. However, I guess both of them is better than nothing. I still don't know if I want to open up a relationship with him in which I'm expected to see him all that often (again, a long story, but I'm not overly fond of him or spending time with him). I guess it's better to be on good terms with your dad than none, though, right? After all, he is probably going to die sooner than later, as he has cancer and is determined to drink and smoke himself to an early grave anyway. So maybe it won't be that bad after all. Susan, Wesley, and anyone else who has any feelings on this, especially, please comment and tell me what you think.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Check out the quiz under this. I'm the It's a Small World ride....only my favorite ride at Disney World, and the scariest! I hope you all have a magnificent day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:48 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger karla

    Hi Christi.
    You're still not feeling well? My goodness! Get better soon! It's been far too long for you to be feeling under the weather.

    I wanted to send a sincere and heartfelt thank you for all of your prayers for Mark, me and the baby. It was so nice to know that there were others praying for us while we went through our ordeal. It was so scary, but knowning we had people praying and hoping for us made everything just that much easier to deal with.

    I tried to retell the story in my blog, its VERY long. Mark even said I left out a whole bunch of stuff, but I didnt want to write a novel about it. :)

    I hope you are feeling better soon, and I hope everything goes well at your open house. YOu're totally right, it only takes one person to like it.

    I hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks again for your prayers. Im truly thankful.

    Karla

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I hope you had someone seriously look at your house today.

    Yikes! What's the codeine for?

    Good luck with your dad too.