Friday, February 04, 2005
We have some work to do...
Today has been a day filled with mixed emotion, to say the least. I, myself, am pretty sick, and have now missed four days of work, which will soon be five, as my dr. told me not to go back until Monday. However, that is the least of my worries. Today I went to visit blogland, as I always do, and found out some disturbing news. First off, I read on Julia's page that her step-daughter, Amanda, has found a tumor on her breast. She just turned 15, and I'm sure that is a terrifying thing. I'm 26, and I couldn't handle it! It looks as if she'll be okay, but still, there's reason for worry. Then, as I was calming down from that, I read on Daemon Cain's page that Karla, in a precautionary visit to the dr., found out that her baby (she's about seven months along) is having heart troubles. Oh, how scary! I know that if I heard this news, I would die, and I can completely understand how she must be feeling right now. Mark told me that it looks like everything might be okay, but they're holding her till tomorrow to make sure. They are not out of harm's way yet, and I'm still scared for them. I had to cry a little, from sheer fright for them, and Richard's family, and afterward, vowed to pray and pray for them all until I am sure that everything's alright. I would ask that you, too, do the same please. I have my fair share of problems right now, as I'm sure most people do, but sometimes it takes hearing news like this to realize that my problems are hardly worth fretting over when there are so much more important things to worry about, such as the life of a child, or one that hasn't even had her first breath. It sure does make you think, even more so when it's someone you know (even if it is only through the internet).

Well, I think I've said enough, it's making me sad again. I went to the dr. today, and I got three prescriptions. One was for codeine, which I had to be ID'd to get. It's a narcotic. I feel so cool! Sure hope I don't get hooked! It would be nice if it actually works, and I can talk again!

Oh, and I have to tell you this story. I feel totally vindicated in my parenting skills now. Since I have been home with TJ all week, I've been trying to get him on a more set routine for the evenings before he goes to bed, and kinda try to fix some of the stuff that we were doing wrong. For instance, we would turn on cartoons for him when he went to bed, and then he found out that he could run out everytime a commercial came on to tell us that the cartoon went off. Wesley pointed out to me the other night that the tv was more than likely stimulating him and keeping him awake. I was tired of him being up till 12:30 every night, especially when I had to work in the morning. So, I made up a routine. At 8 we turn off all the bright lights and go to lamps. We eat. After we eat, we chill for a little bit and clean up the mess from the day (ie-toys). Then TJ takes a bath at 9 (yes, that's still a little late, but Trey doesn't get home till 9:30 or so, and he likes to see him before he goes to bed). Afterwards, I dry him off and give him a massage with baby lotion (I read that it stimulates a baby's intelligence when you massage him--plus, he smells SO good, and he loves it!). Once he's in him jammies, he gets his vitamin (spidamin), and then brushes his teeth. He gets to hang out for a few minutes, where we usually read a book ten thousand times over, and then he is put in bed. It's a great and easy routine, and even fits with my tv schedule. So far this week he has been fighting us when he's actually in the bed b/c there's no tv anymore and just music. He will get up about ten times or more. Tonight he only got up twice, and then passed out! Hooray! Oh, but here's the clincher...When we first finished eating, and I told him we were going to clean up, he went right to it. How cool! Then, while we were cleaning up his music instruments, Trey came over and starting playing his drum. I started to go off about what lesson he was teaching TJ, and then TJ did the unexpected...He walked up to Trey and said, "NO! Daddy, we are cleaning up right now!" He got right up in his face and gave him a dirty look! It was a classic moment for me, which I'm sure I showed with a shit-eating grin on my face! Then he repeated his message to Trey, "Daddy, stop! We are cleaning up right now!" Talk about making a mommy feel good about herself and the job she's done! I will live off of that forever, and I'm sure I'll be telling his friends that story one day!

I have got to work on making these a little shorter, as I'm sure I'm losing you all after the first sentence! Please remember to pray for those most in need right now, as you can only help their situation. I hope your day goes well, and I will see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 1:45 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Thank you for your prayers. I am relieved to be able to say that Amanda is fine. We won't know for sure until Tuesday, but the doctor is 99.9% certain she is fine.

    That's cool that TJ is getting into his routine. I don't think I would do very well with the kids up until 12:30. Of course I should mention that when Andrew was TJ's age I had to sleep with him. I could usually lay there until he was in a deep sleep and then get up, but he was up again in a hour or two crying for me. It was especially hard when it seemed like every other child went to bed at 8:00 and slept all night.

    Don't shorten your messages. I like reading long ones.