Sunday, January 30, 2005
Home Sweet Home!
Finally, I have returned to my home, and my child, and my normal, boring life. How exciting! I am not excited that I am sick as a dog, and undoubtedly, when you are sick like this, you should not stay up talking for 8 hours straight. Between my slumber party on Friday and the never-ending coughing I keep doing, I have lost my voice all but entirely. Every once in a while if I stay quiet for a while, I can muster up a few sentences in a squeaky little whine. TJ thinks I'm playing a game with him b/c I keep whispering everything to him, so he whispers back! It's cute! Usually when I whisper to him, it's b/c it's something special, so he must think that everything I say is very special today. Needless to say, if I don't regain my voice back by tomorrow (and it's not looking good after my hour-long bout of coughing a few minutes ago), I won't be going to work tomorrow. I can just see me now when the boys are misbehaving...

(pointing and shaking finger)"Squeak, squeak!"

"What, Ms. Pitchford?"

(in a whisper)"I said, stop!"

"I can't hear you, Ms. Pitchford. I guess you don't mind if I beat this boy up, then."

(as I push the call button to get help) "Can I help you, Ms. Pitchford?"

"Squeak, squeak, squeak..."

"I'm sorry, this system must be broken. Sorry to interrupt your class."

It would be beautiful! I guess I could also mime the lesson to the boys. That would be cute, too! Needless to say, I know for a fact there are a few people out there that are doing a dance of joy, b/c their prayers have been answered. People thought there would never come a time when Christi would fall silent.

I went to see Meet the Fockers last night with my friend Ashley. It was hilarious! I know Trey wanted to see it, so I told myself I wouldn't tell him I saw it, and we could watch it together like it was my first time. So, Trey, if you are reading this, disregard this paragraph, okay? Anyway, what can I say about the movie except it was super funny. The acting was great, but that's to be expected, with such great actors and Robert DeNiro, Ben Stiller, and Dustin Hoffman. I will admit, I still like the first one better. As far as sequels go, though, it kicked ass! I know that I wasn't too annoying to the rest of the theater with all of my laughing (of course, they were all laughing, too!), b/c mine sounded like this: "Eek.......(large gush of air out)" You know, I like to keep it to myself. You definitely need to see this movie, though.

Afterward, Ashley drove me back to my mom's. She let me listen to a cd she has for Leah, her little girl that's TJ's age (his g/f), and I fell in love with it. It's called NO!, and it's by They Might Be Giants. If you have kids, of any age, you must get this cd. She told me Leah loves it, so I "borrowed" it. I let TJ hear it today, and he danced all over the place. He was sad when it ended. If you've ever heard of TMBG before, it's very much like the rest of their music (think of "Istanbul" or "Birdhouse in Your Soul" ). It's funny and silly and downright cool. I like it b/c, even though it's quite childish, I can listen to it and enjoy it as well. Ashley told me she finds herself listening to it and singing along, even when Leah isn't with her. If you have ever listened to some of the other children's cd's out there, you will attest that most of them suck, and make your life miserable if you have to listen to them with a child. This one is good for you both. Most of TJ's cd's have people singing in English accents, or twenty-five children all singing out of key to a song that was already annoying before they sang it! Imagine my excitement to find out that one of my favorite bands is now singing songs for my child! We can bond and I'll get him listening to my type of music! So, Julia, Gina and Karla (you know, you can get it early and be ready!), listen up--You need this cd. If it wasn't $14, I would have already bought you all one by now!

Alrighty then, I guess that's enough from me today. I mean, after all, I can't even talk! I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I'll see you again soon!
 
posted by Christi at 6:35 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Mark

    Hope you feel better soon Christi!
    If you take tomorrow of sick then try to get some rest.

    Yeah, meet the Fockers was great. Karla said I laughed every single time they said "Focker".

    That, by itself, is worth the price of admission.

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Christi

    Higglytown Heroes. I hate the show, LOVE the song!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Cool. I will have to look into that. Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger karla

    That’s too funny that you mentioned They Might Be Giants. I was watching the Retro Music station the other night while on the treadmill, and that Istanbul song came on. I don’t think I had ever heard their music before. I’ll have to see if I can download it off the internet before I go out and buy it ;-)

    Hope you’re feeling better!

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Christi

    Karla, if you want to hear what it sounds like, you can click on the link where I put the title, NO!, and it will take you to the Amazon website where you can listen to samples of the music.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yo, it's colin here. I don't have a blogger login so I'm posting anon, whatev. Mox and I got Enid a TMBG kid cd a while back called "Bed, Bed, Bed" It's awesome. Sorry to hear that you're sick hope you feel better!

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger karla

    Hi Christi! I'll check that link out! Thanks. Didnt even catch the hyperlink the first time.
    I actually have a question for Julia. She hasnt enabled access to her blog so I can't post on her site.
    She has mentioned a couple of times about how much she loves her maya sling, and I'm thinking of getting one of them...but was wondering where she found it. I thought I might prefer a carrier, but from what I've been reading from others too, the sling seems to be what Moms are preferring.

    Did you use anything like that with TJ?

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Karla, my site is www.juliapadg.blogspot.com I got my Maya Wrap online. I've never seen it in a store. I have owned three slings. The first was a Nojo that you can get at regular baby stores. It was terribly hard to adjust. Don't get one of those. My second was an Over The Shoulder Baby Holder. I loved it. It's great for a beginning sling user. The thing about the Maya Wrap is it's unpadded, so you can adjust it any way you want at all. It has a long tail that you can use to cover the baby. You can undo whole thing and it's almost like a blanket. The first thing I had was a carrier. It was OK, but less versatile than a sling. The sling holds the baby in a more cradle or womblike position. When the baby gets older you can place him/her on your hip and your hands are still free. You can also wear them on your back. The sling can also hold much larger children than a carrier. I like to simply lay a soft pack with wipes and a clean diaper on the bottom under the baby so I didn't have to carry a diaper bag.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Best regards from NY!
    »