Thursday, January 20, 2005
It's already Thursday!
I have to say that this week has flown by. Of course, it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I haven't worked a full day yet! Today I had to watch TJ in the morning b/c Trey had to go to a meeting at work, and his boss wouldn't let him bring him. Darn! Even tomorrow should be pretty easy, as we are just going to watch the Presidential Inauguration all day. I'm interested to see what the boys think of it. I'm interested to see what I think of it.

So, I have a dilemma right now. I have decided to go with a double stroller, and of course, I have to get a carrier to go with it. We went to Babies R Us the other day, and we really didn't like anything they had there. For some reason, people with two kids who need strollers must also have the worst taste in the world, b/c everything was so UGLY! We did like that the Graco one was smaller and easier to push, with a much smoother ride. TJ even seemed more comfortable in it. The colors were just so gross! So I went online, and did lots of searching, and finally I found a set that both Trey and I like. It's called the Metropolitan, or something like that. We'd have to buy the carrier separate, but that's okay, b/c it would still match. Here's the problem, though...All-in-all, it would cost about $300, even at the cheapest I could find it. That is not something we have to spare right now, or probably ever, I'm sure. In reality, most any set we get will run right about the same. I have decided, though, that I will need this. Trey told me I can just stay home forever once the new baby is born, but I DON'T THINK SO! I don't even like staying home for one day, I don't see me doing it more than once! I will need to go places, and I can foresee that I will need a way to keep both kids in check. I thought about it, and I think I will try to sell my stroller I have now, which is just for one, and is pretty nice. I can probably get a few bucks for that. nbvcxzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (TJ says hi!). I can also try to sell the changing table, which I don't plan to use, and get a few bucks for that. I'm sure that won't bring me $300, though. I should just wait, but I don't want to. I found both peices on sale for free shipping, and both $20 less than the usual price. I feel I must get them at this price before it's too late. If not, then it will cost $340! Instant gratification generation is hard to live in! What should I do!

I thought about something today...The other day she told me at the dr.'s office that the baby currently weighs 12 oz. I didn't think anything of it at the time. Then it hit me, TJ was 7 lbs. 13 oz. when he was born! That's not big at all, but....That means that this baby still has about 7 lbs. left of growing! Have you seen me! I'm HUGE already! I'm barely at five months, and I've got the waddle down pat! My back hurts. Sleeping in a comfortable position is next to impossible. And I have 7 LBS. LEFT! This child will grow to seven times this size (is that right?)? I will need a forklift just to get around soon! This is scary...

Alrighty then, guess I'll catch you later. I'm going somewhere to stew over my future with baby...will she be able to ride in comfort? how huge is she going to be? If you need me, I'll be the one pulling out my hair in the corner...I hope you have a stressless day! Talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 5:18 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger karla

    I cant pass up this opportunity to freak you out a bit!
    Check this out...
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/01/19/brazil.big.baby.ap/index.html

    A woman gave birth to a 16.7 pound baby!

    I'm right with you on the cost for baby gear (YIKES)! $300 sounds like a good deal for a double stroller to me though. And it sounds like you really have your heart set on it.

    For giggles...do you think the travel system we bought is gross?? Hahah. I've never heard that term to describe stroller patterns before :)
    http://www.toysrus.ca/TRUCA/images/common/prod/FE28B471_1d.jpg

    Have you ever thought about selling any of the clothes or toys TJ has outgrown on ebay? That might be a way to get some extra cash out of his gently used stuff.

    What about buying used? Is that something you would consider?

    What about buying off of ebay? I just did a search and found a whole bunch of graco dual glidder strollers for under $100. (Not in the metropolitan colour unfortunately)...just a thought...

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Christi

    I like the pattern on yours. It's not gross. I've thought about plaid, but I don't think I can do it. I like the light blue, though. If you saw the one I want, it's all pretty much neutral colors with no pattern, which is what I like for pretty much everything, as does Trey. I looked on eBay, but all of the ones I could get didn't come with carriers, and I don't feel like hunting down one to match it. I have no problem with it being used, except that it's supposedly not safe to use carriers that have been used, in case they have been in an accident. I am planning to try to check out some places around town and see what I can find. I just need to find out where these places are! I'm being quite a snob about this, aren't I, considering I'm not really in the position to be one! I'm hoping there is enough tax money to be able to get it, and it is really the only thing we have to get for this kid, aside from some girlier clothes!

    Ummmmm, that story made me cringe. Just the thought of carrying a baby that big for one day is enough to make me cry! C-section or not, that's freaky! Trey told me the whole time I was prego w/TJ that he would be at least ten pounds, and I was freaked out the whole time! He said that no kid in his family was ever under ten pounds. I'm so glad TJ took after my family! Let's hope this one does, too!

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Unknown

    You need one of these: http://babyhugger.com/page2.html

    I remember in my last month thinking that was one of the least sexy things I could ever imagine wearing, but I bet it felt good.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Mine brand new was 130 for the stroller and maybe 40 for the carrier and base. it was a duo glider. it was very cute and nice !! :) dang, i sold mine at totrade for 40 bucks all together... wish i would have known.... oh well...gina