Friday, January 14, 2005
We are a-movin'!
I don't know what it is yet, but man is it moving! Every night around tenish, it just goes crazy! I guess I can see what kind of schedule we'll be having in a few months, eh? TJ's up all day (as he refuses to take naps anymore), and the little one's up all night. Yippee! Yeah, I'm pretty sure work wouldn't be an option with that going on anyway. My mom said that my little brother was really sick when he was born, and he never slept at night, for like the first few months. I was 2, and I wouldn't sleep in the day. My dad worked and went to the bar. She said whe didn't sleep AT ALL for the first few months my brother was alive, and was pretty depressed (for obvious reasons). That thought scares me. Between that and everything else we've done in our lives, you would wonder how our mom still loves us so much. I think that's what I love the most about being a mom, is that I love my child SO much, that nothing, absolutely NOTHING, could ever make me stop loving him any more than I do now. I'm glad I've got so much love to give. It's easy, though. Did I mention that I love you? Yes, I do, I love you.

So tonight I took TJ and we headed on up to Babies 'R' Us. I had nothing better to do, so I figured I'd get in the new baby frame of mind. About the only thing I'm going to need, that I can think of, is a new carrier, as I gave the last one away. I have a jogging stroller, which will work fine, but it doesn't have a carrier with it. I have to find a Graco one that kinda goes with it, but that's hard, b/c it's a really unique one. I found a couple that were good, but they were part of a travel system, and I don't need all that. I found a couple alone that might work, but they are almost $100! I just can't bring myself to shuck out that kind of money! Of course, I guess I may have to. So depressing...But, at least that's about the extent of it, aside from expected supplies. Marie has said that she insists on having a diaper shower for me. We'll have to see how that goes!

I just found out some very upsetting news. One of my best friends, Mike, just broke up with his boyfriend of over six years last week. I feel like I should be more upset about it, but I'm really not. He's been kinda hinting for a while that it's going to happen, although not putting it into those exact words. He also told me stuff that made it seem like a VERY wise idea. Mostly I'm just a little shocked, as they have been together for so long, and have so much together. Even though I knew they weren't happy together as of late, I just never imagined them apart. It makes me think of what might happen to me one day. Who knows what could happen in the future. I would hate to think that Trey and I might get tired of each other one day and stay together for the kids or economical reasons or whatever. However, they weren't even actually married, for obvious legal reasons, and they are having to go through the whole split-up the assets thing. I am glad, though, b/c Mike seemed so happy on the phone, and he didn't bitch one time. He usually seems moody on the phone when I talk to him anymore, even if he has nothing really to complain about. I'm happy for him, even though it will take a little while to sink in. Worst thing is, I'm the last to know. He waited a week and a half to tell me, his best friend! Even his not so great friend has known all week. We'll have to deal with this when everything calms down!

Okay, well, I need to go spend some qt with Trey now. I hope you have a nifty day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 11:41 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger karla

    Oh how I envy you! We need so many supplies and baby things right now….but I guess you’ve already been through the whole process of shelling out a ton of dough to prepare for your first!

    I’m sorry to hear about the news of your best friends breakup. Six years is a long time to be together. I hope they are able to work things out together without too many difficulties.

    In the US, because they have lived together for so long, would they be considered a “Common Law” couple? Although gay marriage is legal here, couples who aren’t married are deemed Common Law after living together for one year (well three years when it comes to taking advantage of cheaper Car Insurance rates).

    Where DO you get your energy? Did you really post at 11:40? I’m lucky if I see 10:00 these days!

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Karla, you would be surprised how little you really need for a baby. If I had to go really minimal, I think you could get by on nothing but some clothes, cloth diapers, diaper pail, and a car seat. I don't think I could live without my Maya Wrap sling either. After about 6 months or so I found the stroller very useful. Other than that, all the other contraptions were rarely used and took up a lot of space.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Christi, I didn't know they broke up until I read your post here. I think it's probably for the best, and I hope Mike finds happiness.

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Christi

    Common law wouldn't apply here, as they are gay, and the government doesn't acknowledge any gay marriage. I think, anyway. They are doing it somewhat like a divorce though, as far as separating assets and the like. He says they're better now than when they were together!

    Julia, keep in mind that you are an exceptionally rational, frugal, and responsible person. TJ had TONS more stuff than he needed, as he still does, but I was convinced that he would need and use every last thing. This time, of course, I'm not buying anything, but I'm sure I would if I could get away with it!