Tuesday, January 04, 2005
Kick me!
Will someone please put a BIG sign on my back that says "KICK ME!!!"? I just typed an almost poetic post, and went to publish it, but instead pushed on the little X in the corner. What an idiot I am!

Anyway, what I said was that I am a witness to the fact that prayer really works. Today, as I got up, way too early, and took a shower I prayed that the students would not come to school today. My prayer was answered. Undoubtedly when God heard that it was not safe for the boys to be around while they worked on the intercom system, He agreed and decided that they would be delayed a day. Yaa for God! I think it's funny, since they will be working on it tomorrow, too, but hey, let's just look at the positive side, right. I got so much done today, and now I feel much more ready for the boys to come tomorrow. Although, God, if You decide they are not safe tomorrow, too, I won't complain one bit!

We just finished watching Troy a little while ago. The teacher in the class next to mine told me that Brad Pitt was full-on naked in the movie. Now I'm not usually one that really cares to see naked men, as it really doesn't do much for me. However, I will be the first to admit that that is most of the reason why I rented this movie. I mean, who could resist seeing Brad Pitt naked! I, of course, was let down to find out that it really was just his side, a very hot side, pressed up against a woman. I'll take it. I was not so impressed with his acting, though. Orlando Bloom was also quite the hotty that he is. I spent most of the movie being mad at him, as Paris, though, b/c he is a big wuss. He did somewhat redeem himself at the end of the movie, however. I liked seeing them sneak in using the Trojan Horse. I've heard about it before, but I didn't really remember the story. There was a lot of fighting, complete with plenty of gore and icky killing close-ups, that perhaps I could have lived w/o. The first war scene in the movie, of course, happened right as we began to eat dinner. That was nice. My favorite part of the whole movie, though, was the faces that Peter O'Toole, as the king, made whenever something bad happened. They were priceless and worth seeing the movie again for. I have to say, though, that the movie was not the epic tale I think they were hoping for. It was okay. I feel that not using Mel Gibson was their problem. If you are going to make a movie that big that tells a big historic tale, you must use Mel Gibson. It's just a fact, there's no way around it. I would say Troy is a good movie to watch, as there are some really good scenes (and faces and naked bodies) in it. However, if your kid wants you to play with him during the movie, go ahead, as I don't think you will miss much or be left too far behind!

Okay, do wish me luck tomorrow. It's the big day, for real this time. The boys are coming, and I don't know if I'm ready. It's not like I don't know them, but that could be my first problem. I am going to try my best to be a tougher teacher this semester. My goals are to put an end to profanity and contraband in my classroom. I will have to be assertive and not a softy. Please root for me, I really need it. I'm a big wuss! I hope your day is wonderful, and I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.
 
posted by Christi at 9:55 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Unknown

    XXXKICKMEXXX

    We're planning on watching that movie tomorrow night!

    Good luck tomorrow. I have no problem being firm with little ones, but I have a hard time telling teenagers what to do, so I'm with you on being a big wuss.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Christi

    Huh. Looks like I may have to wait until tomorrow to see how tough I really can be. It seems that my pregnant body has decided that it is not ready, and I have, once again, gone completely weak. I'm not sure why, except that my dr. office told me it's normal for pregnant chicks, but every once in a while my body just gives out and I don't have the energy to walk to the other side of the room. Of course you know it would happen today!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Hope you're feeling better.