Tuesday, December 28, 2004
This won't take long...
I'm tired, but I feel obligated to post.

Today I did lots of shopping with my mom. If you know my mom, then you know that we spent a LONG time in each store, and she left with TONS of stuff that she didn't pay ANYTHING for. I, on the other hand, found decent deals, and was bored after the first five minutes. TJ was also bored, and acted like a little jerk most of the day. I think he is getting sick or something, and I know he was very tired for the most part of the day. One cool thing was that my sister Susan met us for dinner at Sticky Fingers. I got to hang out with her for a little while before I leave and she leaves for New York tomorrow (Hope you have a great time!). Plus, she and my brother, Jimmy, got to see each other for the first time in about a year and a half or so. They are both really busy with their own lives, so that was nice. She even got to meet his g/f, Kara. How nice!

I had some time to think yesterday on my drive to Summerville (TJ was asleep, and traffic was mostly stopped b/c of a wreck or something). I decided that I was not left feeling like I had done anything this year for Christmas. I mean, I got TJ a gift I really thought he would like, and he did. I got some gifts I think maybe someone liked, but it didn't make me feel good. No one really NEEDED anything I gave them. I was too slack to donate to any of the worthy causes I could have. It's not that I didn't want to, I was just always too late with the money. So I decided that I think what I will do next year instead of buying anything is figure out how much I can spend on each person, pool that money together, and pick a charity and donate it to the charity. I'm thinking of the VH-1 Save the Music fund, or whatever it is called. I will have to research first. Also, I will ask anyone who may plan to get me anything to either donate what they would have spent to charity, or give it to me in cash to donate myself. That would make me feel better, and it would help others. Of course, I will still have to buy for the little kids, but that's it. I will also try to volunteer and help out more in person. I hope that by next year I will have more time to do such stuff. I just really think that giving gifts sometimes just gives you more stuff to clutter your house, and that money can be better spent. If it's something you need, then maybe it's worthwhile, but please tell me how many of you NEED a tin can full of hard candies or a commemorative coin. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Well, that's my thought for the day. I am tired, so I am off to sleepland now. I hope you have a refreshing and fun day, and I will see you tomorrow!

PS-If you get a chance, feel free to check out the new album, Christmas 2004, on my Fun Pics links. Fun stuff!
 
posted by Christi at 1:47 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Jim

    Hey Christi;
    If you are serious about a charity....check this one out; Worldvision. Given your comments about helping people etc... I think you will like this one. You can check them out online at www.worldvision.org

    Another really good one is UMCOR ( United Methodist Committee on Relief ) Whenever there is a disaster somewhere in the world, they are the first to arrive. You can check them out through UMC.org

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Christi

    Huh! I didn't think of that one. Kinda sad, since I'm Methodist and all. Of course, I just joined the church, and I don't really know all that much yet. I'll definitely check those out. I was just trying to think of things that I find important in the world, and would like to help, and music was the first thing that came to mind. I figured I've got a year to figure it out, right!