Sunday, December 19, 2004
Harry Potter, twice!
I'm on round two of watching Harry Potter and the Scorcerer's Stone today, that's twice in a row! Why? I have NO idea. I haven't tired of it yet, though, so I'll keep watching until I do.

I am down to one box of stuff that needs to be dealt with, and some minor rearranging, and the new apt. is organized. Hooray! It has been driving me CRAZY with everything just being everywhere and in the way. I still think we need to get rid of some stuff, as I'm running quickly out of spots to put things!

Okay, so while I was wrapping presents today, and TJ was napping, I watched House of Sand and Fog. I read the book (it's in the Oprah book club) a few years back, and I liked it. I remember not liking the end, but I couldn't ever remember why. So, when I saw that there was a movie, I figured I'd check it out. It was not a movie that most husbands would enjoy, being as there was no action, and it was somewhat slow. However, I would put it above that of a Lifetime movie. It was about a girl whose house gets taken from her by the county for unpaid taxes, and while she's trying to figure it out, it gets auctioned to a family in which the father wants to resell it for more and make some money. You would think this would be boring, but it's not. Now, I know that I am at a heightened sense of feelings these days, being prego and all, but this is why I highly recommend this movie: I cried, and cried, and cried, and cried at the end. No, that's not correct, I sobbed. I won't tell what happened, but for those of you that read the whole "Susan kid dilemma" about losing a kid, this REALLY made me think about it. Julia, if you cry at the mere thought (which I do, too), then you will sob as I did if you see this movie. As a matter of fact, I'm just thinking about it, and my eyes are watering. If I were to tell you what happened, I would have to leave for crying so hard. This movie really moved me, and I would say that if you want to be emotionally affected, do rent this movie. Needless to say, I now remember why I didn't like the end of the book. Not only did it end not the way I wanted, but also not in the way I would have ever suspected. Good movie.

Well, that's about my day. I guess I'll talk to you again tomorrow. Until then, I hope your day has something wonderful and new!
 
posted by Christi at 10:55 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger karla

    I saw that movie just a few weeks ago. You're right...describing the movie does not do it justice, but it is certainly a must see. You can empathize with all the characters in the movie, and you never quite know who you should be rooting for. Both sides of the story are valid and justified. For the record....I totally cried too ;-)!

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm getting teary eyed just imagining what happened.

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Christi

    We downsized on the move from the house to the apt. Once we sell the house, then the fun will begin! What are you doing to your floors?

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Mark

    Even though I should be one of those "husbands" who finds it boring I thought the movie was captivating.

    House of Sand and Fog is a must see.

    Although if Patrick Steward had played the role of the guy it would have been cool. Cuz then he could have blown everyone up with space ship lazer guns.