Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Oh, what a fun day!
I'm so excited! Today we had our Chinese Christmas gift exchange, which was my idea. I was kinda scared that no one would take part, but they did, and it was fun! There were 18 people, and the spending limit was $5. I have to tell you, some of these people really know how to get a great gift for $5 (I think some may have gone over!)! I felt really good b/c I got a little lamp at Walmart and I was really hoping that whoever got it would like it. However, who could have known that six people would fight over it! One woman, who happens to be a very intimidating woman by nature, took it from the first person who got it, and I thought for sure she would keep it. She did, for the first round. Then there was a second round where we got to go around and take people's gifts again. The lamp got taken four times! It was fun stuff! I originally got a glove and hat set that was really cool, and which I really wanted. However, it seems that Ms. Boyd wanted it more, so she took it. I ended up with a pretty cool candy set (yeah, like I really need that!). I really wanted the gloves, though, as it is really cold in the mornings and I'm too lazy to go out and spend five dollars to buy my own! I tell you what, though, it was a vicious room! So much stuff got taken, that I can't remember who ended up with what! I don't think some of the people themselves know what they ended up with! What I thought was really funny was that Leanne mentioned how this was all done in the "Christmas spirit", right before she snatched a gift from someone else! I'm glad we did it, though, and that it was so much fun. I like when my ideas work out, even if it was just a normal old played-out one.

I don't want to complain, but I have to. (Do you like that flow there?) I went out of my way to make Ms. Smith happy the other day and did everything she wanted done. I figured the issue was at rest. So, today, when I got to work and she told me that the students in question were doing better in her class, I thought, "Good, done deal." Nope! During first period she decided to update her list and find more students that she needed stuff on and put that I hadn't done my job, then send that list to my boss again. What's more, before school today, the other resource teacher, one of her friends, told me that she told her that it was just a simple error on my part, and that if she had come to me first, I would have fixed the problem. She went further to remind her that we are a team, and should work as such. Yeah, right! I thought it was funny when she came running to me to let me know about the new list that Ms. Smith had sent out, and how all her talking had apparently done nothing. I tell you, I'm just glad I'm not her "friend". I would hate to have to be nice to her while she is stabbing me in the back (b/c her list also screwed over the other resource teacher, too). I am tired of work consisting primarily of making sure your ass is covered. I thought we were there to teach. I thought wrong.

Oh, and one more funny thing about my day. We were supposed to have an assembly today where the army band came and played Christmas songs for the whole school. Well, apparently someone did not do their job and reserve the chapel like they were supposed to. Soooo, instead, they had the band come into this little room and set up, and play over the intercom. Yes, that's right, they played for us in our rooms. This was the biggest joke I have ever heard of! I laughed out loud when they started playing. The kids all got mad b/c they thought we were going to get to leave class and go to an assembly, which is what we were told. It was a little disappointing for everyone. Had I been that band, I would have been really pissed, and I was pretty embarrassed for us. At lunch today, we all went out for our Christmas luncheon. Doug said something about "we don't stand for ceremony here," or something, and I said, "and we don't leave the classroom for assemblies, either." Well, undoubtedly, the principal was right behind me, and didn't find that to be very amusing. Ha ha! I did!

Well, I guess that's it for now. Just two more days, and sweet freedom! Well, at least for a little while. Please, if you pray, pray for me to survive these two days. I need it a lot. Thanks. I hope you have a totally groovy day, and I'll see you tomorrow.
 
posted by Christi at 4:56 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments: