Friday, December 24, 2004
Christmas Number 2
Today was TJ's second Christmas of the year. And was it ever a doozy! He got so much stuff that our car, a little SUV, was so stuffed that we had to put a car radio b/t us in the front seat, and I couldn't even see TJ in the back! I'm going back to my mom's to visit next week, and I told Trey that he didn't have to bring it all, but undoubtedly at some point I told him it couldn't possibly all fit, and that became his challenge in life! TJ got lots of little fun things such as books and play cars. Plus, he got a really cool drum and instrument set from my brother and his g/f. He also got an Aquadoodle that must be cool, b/c Bo had to search everywhere for it and it's sold out EVERYWHERE. I think TJ will like it. My grandma got him a Step 2 wagon that I wanted, that has seats and cup holders and storage, how cool! It didn't have the wheels on it yet, and TJ climbed in and started rocking it back and forth. He thought it was a cozy see-saw! I feel so bad that I'll have to put the wheels on one day! Lastly, Bo, in his quest to make me crazy, bought TJ another MegaBloks set, this time a giant fire truck full of blocks. I'm sure TJ will love it, as he loves to build things, then destroy them! Trey also got a car radio. Now maybe he will be able to listen to more than the one AM station he is able to pick up on his near-dead radio he has! I might actually might start riding in his car again! My mom got me some really cool stainless steel coasters. I like them! I'm kinda mad, b/c my brother and I vowed that we wouldn't get each other anything, and then he went and got us a gift certificate and a wine rack (a rather cool one, at that!). While we were eating before, he kept asking me these dumb questions about liking the restaurant he works at (I'm not overly fond of it, myself), and if I drink wine. I should have figured it out. Now I have to go shopping and get him something. Gotta love my brother. I know his g/f got the presents for us, but you know that when I asked him what he wanted (she said, "Don't get us anything."), he said, "Uhhh, a hat." I love him! Oh, and TJ also got a race-car bed and a cool Spiderman chair! We are now being forced to move to a bigger apt., as Christmas has forced us to fill the one we have! I must remember that this is not what Christmas is about, but it still is fun! Especially when your child has so much fun! TJ, after we opened the first gift, was like, "Open it! Open it!" It didn't really matter if it was his or not. I did screw up, though. I accidentally forgot to bring Bo's present. They gave me grief the whole time and made me feel bad (all in good fun, mind you). Bo kept saying all he wanted was a forty. So, after we left, we went and got him a forty of King Cobra and some Funyuns. He, I'm sure, was so thrilled to receive his gift! Fear not, he'll get his real present when I go back next week!

Oh, and my grandma has these fans w/remote controls. TJ LOVES to play with them. It was hot in her house, so we went to turn on the fans. Each one has its own remote, and it must be facing the fan to work. Grandma had the one to the far end of the room, but was trying to turn on the light to the one above us. Trey had the one to that fan, hidden behind a box. Grandma kept trying to turn the light on, and it would turn off. She was freaking out trying to figure out what was wrong with it. Meanwhile, the rest of the room was dying laughing. It was cruel. I'm sure Trey has a special place down under waiting for him for such cruelty! I told Grandma later, and Trey said he thinks it pissed her off. It was kinda funny, though. I figured if I didn't tell her, she'd pay someone a million dollars to come out to tell her that nothing was wrong. Isn't Christmas great!

Alright, I may not be back till later. Going to prepare tomorrow for Christmas #3 as we go to Nana and Grandaddy's house. It promises to be a big one for TJ, too. I tell you, this is work trying to get all these presents situated for him! I think I'm going to purge some of his stuff, so if anyone needs anything, let me know. I hope if I don't come back before then, that everyone has a FANTASTIC and BLESSED Christmas. I hope you enjoy special times with family and friends, and that you have great stories to tell when you get back! See you when I see you!
 
posted by Christi at 1:21 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I thought y'all were spending the night in Charleston?
    Christmas thru a childs eyes is great.
    See ya Friday I guess. I work 3-11 though I hope to leave at 9 or 9:30.

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Mark

    Merry Christmas!

    Just wanted to pass along my and my wife's Christmas greetings to you and your family.

    All this best this season and may the new year bring you much joy and cheer!

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger karla

    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and an amazing new year (as I am sure it promises to be with another little one on the way!).

    Safe, happy and healthy holidays!
    Karla