Wednesday, December 22, 2004
A mixed day, to say the least...
I was excited about today. I really and truly thought that I would be hearing good news. All signs pointed to it. I was wrong. To sum up why I am so upset, I'll say this: Trey has been working at his restaurant for over five years now. He was on the fast track to upper management, with them begging him to become a manager to begin with, from the start. He messed up about three years ago when he asked to be transferred to Charlotte. His boss told him that it would screw him up, and he said, "Fine." While he was in Charlotte, he did such a good job that it was rumored that he would become Senior Mgr. (2nd in charge). They needed one, and instead decided to transfer someone else in. Okay, strike one. Then they transferred him to Columbia, where he is now. Same thing. He wowed them, and the rumor began that he was next in line. This time, they did the same thing, but worse. They transferred in someone that Trey originally trained, who SUCKED! Since he has been there Trey has been doing his job, since he can't handle it, while he has been getting paid for nothing. Again, it was rumored, and this time by the higher-ups, that Trey would become a Senior Mgr. by January. As a matter of fact, he was told that it would happen by Jan. So, a couple of weeks ago when the sucky guy walked out and never came back, I was just waiting to hear the good news. So yesterday the big guy was supposed to come, and I assumed, let everyone know Trey was moving up. As usual, I was wrong. Instead, they are going to sit down with him in Jan. and tell him all the things he needs to do to get everyone else to do their jobs (?????). They have decided, since the sucky guy sucked so much, that they will reevaluate what it means to be a Senior Mgr. there. I am SO PISSED, b/c we are at a point where he has no choice but to put up with it unless some miraculous super-job comes out of nowhere. I have half a mind to go talk to his manager myself. This is ridiculous! I'm sorry you had to read that, but I am livid!

On a lighter note, I FINALLY got TJ's hair cut today. He looks like such a little gentleman now. He did so good, as he did last time. His hair stylist even gave him a kiss! He still has some of the lipstick left on his cheek! All the old ladies at the place were going on and on about how good he was and how cute he is. It didn't hurt that there was a 4 year old at the back screaming his head off! I think TJ remembered that he was going to get a sucker, so he was super cool. Now if I can just remember to go get it cut again before he looks like a gremlin again!

I'll try to post tomorrow, but I make no promises. I'm going to my mom's to have Christmas #2. I cleaned up around the house today to prepare for all of the stuff TJ's going to get this week. Hopefully there will be space for it all! I hope you have a fantastic day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:44 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Unknown

    ((Christi and Trey)) I'm sorry you're getting screwed over like this.