Wednesday, December 29, 2004
Gotta go to bed...
Life is interesting, isn't it? I went to the playground with my friend Julia today. Well, to be more precise, Julia, her two kids, a friend's kid, TJ, and me. I felt wierd when we left, b/c it seemed kinda strained, our whole quasi-conversation while we were there. I thought maybe she didn't want to talk to me. I felt bad, b/c I gave her a present for her kids, even though she told me not to. I couldn't help it, though. I REALLY wanted to get it, and I really wanted someone to have it whom I thought would enjoy it and really learn from it. Her kids were perfect for the job! I'm sorry Julia, I hope you're not too mad at me. Anyway, so I was a little rattled when we left. Then, I went to my friend Ashley's house this evening, who talks as much as I do, but also has a kid who's a month younger than TJ. Leah, her daughter, spent the most part of our time there flopping around on the floor trying to get our attention (mainly mine), and the rest of the time was spent trying to get TJ and Leah to get along and share toys. So our conversation was somewhat fractured and strained. Then it hit me, as I was leaving. I don't think it had anything to do with me or them (or so I hope!)! WE HAVE KIDS! Yes, that's right! Julia and I spent most of the time at the playground trying to watch our kids and make sure they were all in check and not killing ourselves. Of course we couldn't carry on a normal conversation. Same with Ashley. This parent thing is SOOOO different! I feel very fortunate to have a handful of very good friends that I have had since high school, and whom have always been there for me, even if we don't get to see each other enough. Now, with the exception of one, we all have kids (or kid), and our lives have drastically changed. It's funny, b/c before I had TJ, I kinda felt like I had nothing in common anymore with Julia, and didn't feel right talking to her. Now I love to, b/c I can ask her for advice, and you know there's never an end to what we could talk about! Ashley and I are living almost the same lives now, with children the same age, and our stories are amusing to each other (and probably few else!). Marie doesn't have to be asked for advice, as she loves to give it. She's in b/t Julia and me as far as her kids ages go, and some of the stuff Julia can't remember she helps me with. Plus, she's great for hand-me-downs (yes, that's terrible!)! My one best friend, Mike, does not have kids yet. It is so wierd, b/c he still lives a party life in my opinion. He can come and go as he pleases, and he does. I really don't have much to talk to him about anymore. It seems like his issues are dramatic like a soap opera now. It's fun, though, b/c I still love him to death, and he loves me, and his stories are as fun to hear as watching a reality show (which I am always hooked on!). How blessed I am. I'm sad that I don't live in town anymore to take advantage of all of the great friends I have, but I know they will always be there, even if we do get a little busy and sidetracked! Anyway, I think it's fun that our lives have all changed. I felt lost for a while there, and now I fit in again! Now if only I could find a friend in the town in which I live! Ummm, hey, could one of you friends I have move to Columbia, please!?

Well, that's all for now. I hope that Susan is having a safe trip to New York. I hope that Julia gets some well-earned and needed sleep tonight, complete with sweet dreams of great memories. I hope that Traci finds her dream man. I hope that Jim gets the car he wants, and that the one his daughter wrecked is totalled. I hope that B$ makes the right decision about moving home. I hope that Karla and her hubby are having a great time wherever they are (as I see they must be gone--no posts!). I hope that Trey knows that I love him more than life itself. And I hope that you all have a fantastic day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 1:15 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Unknown

    You had me worried in the beginning of that post. I was like, "It was strained? Was I acting weird?" Of course I'm not mad at you about the gift. I've actually wanted to get Andrew one just like it for years but never got around to it. I had to run off like that because Alison was running toward the parking lot. Sometime the way I act makes perfect sense in my head and I don't realize if I'm being rude or whatever to someone else.

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    i love you to lumpy dumpkins ive decided were doing names for each other it was that or tater tot

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Christi

    Hooray! I'm glad you liked the gift! Ummm, Trey, NO. That nickname sounds like I have something in my drawers! I got one...Mommy. That one is quite fitting, and even affectionate.

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Christi

    What??????

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger karla

    Hey Christi
    Mark and I were home for the holidays this year. It was nice not to travel for a change. But alas...blogging life had to be put on hold while we entertained family over the holidays. I cooked my first turkey (well my mom did most of the work actually). I really have to get my cooking act together! Im a vegetarian who cant cook! What kind of mom cant cook? Yikes!