Thursday, December 30, 2004
Time is winding down...
It's Wednesday...and my vacation is growing shorter! PLEASE, SOMEBODY, STOP TIME!!!!!!!! I don't want to go back to work! It's cruel and unusual punishment. I think I'm supposed to have been away so long that I'm excited to go back. Not true. That will not happen. Somebody help!

So, anyway, we had an exciting day today! TJ and I met Marie and her cheerin' at the playground today. We stayed for an hour and a half, and TJ played his butt off! It was somewhat warm outside, but all the kids and parents had jackets on, so I put one on TJ so I didn't get those "looks" of disapproval from all the other moms. He didn't seem to care. However, I could tell he must have been sweating, b/c when he got home, he smelled like a dog! It was pretty nasty. He had so much fun, though.

We went to Sticky Fingers for dinner tonight. Sitting at the table next to us was a guy named Jeremy Richey that I went to high school with. He was in the Air Force, but now he lives in Ladson. It was nice enough to see him, I guess, but a little awkward. I honestly hate running into people that I knew from a while ago, but didn't really hang out with. Always awkward, and I just want it to end. I guess it was nice to see him, though. He looked all grown-up.

Tonight we went out and met Ashley, Will and Leah at Chick-Fil-A for a "playdate". It was so much fun! First the kids played in the playset, of course, with Ashley and me, as they couldn't get up themselves. Then Will finished eating and joined us. It was fun! We took a break for a while and Ashley got them ice cream cones. I would have thought that I would have freaked out more watching not one, but two, toddlers attempt to "eat" ice cream cones. They made such a mess! I discovered just how many times you can clean off an ice cream cone from the floor and continue to eat it before you have to give up on it! That was much more fun that I thought it would have been! As we were leaving, I told Ashley and Will that they could tell all their friends that they went out tonight, and leave out some of the details so they could look cool. Tell their friends about the "party" they were at, where they trashed the joint, spilled their drinks everywhere, were crawling around on their knees, and all that fun stuff. Sounds like a pretty kick-ass party, eh?

Speaking of how our lives change, today has really gotten me thinking. While we were out, Ashley saw some teenagers come in, in a large group, of course. One did something strange, and she said, "Teenagers are so wierd." It was like a big lead ball hitting me. It occured to me just how old I am, that I am now having conversations about teenagers being wierd. I had it in my mind that I was just recently a teenager myself! No way, though, my life is SOOOO different now, it's not even close to funny. Talk about feeling old. Then, on Kirsten's site today, she talked about what she was like ten years ago. I wrote back about myself, and realized that I have changed, a LOT, in ten years. She got me thinking about what my life will be like in ten more years. I'm scared. What's funny is that I still like a lot of the same things I did ten years ago, but I just can't do the same stuff. I would like to, but my life doesn't allow for such behavior anymore. I mean, I know I have a kid and all, but I feel like I have just dropped everything about me that's me. I think that's another reason I don't like the whole work world. It doesn't allow me to be me. I don't like acting like the person I should be everyday. I want to be what I am. Okay, I've gone off, but anyway, do you ever think back to how you were, or how you will be? It's kinda scary. I will say, though, I wouldn't give up what I have for all the money or old me in the world, even though I feel like sometimes now my problems are much worse than then! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my life! I think, as I figure Traci must be feeling right now, that I need to make some changes...Ever feel that way?

Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. I hope you have an awesome and fun day! I'm going home tomorrow, so see you from home next time!
 
posted by Christi at 12:15 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I remember Jeremy Richey. I always thought he was so good looking. I saw his brother and wife. They have two little girls I think. I forgot his brother's name, but he married this girl who was in the ROTC named Shelley. She was short, and had kind of short curly brown hair. Do you know who I'm talking about?

    I also know what you mean about looking back and forward. My life has changed incredibly in 10 years too. It's for the better in many ways, and for the worse in others. Mostly for the better. Ten years ago I cared mostly about myself and doing what I want to do when I wanted to do it. It was fun, but this new life is more fulfilling.

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Oh my gosh! I just read your comment on that site and I got tears in my eyes. We had such fun times.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger karla

    Just saw your post on the other site as well. 10 years ago NIN was my favorite band too! Along with Pearl Jam and Nirvana! Too funny. I used to use Kool-Aid to dye my hair freaky colours, until I discovered JET BLACK!
    Oh ...those were the days!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Christi

    yeah, my brother used kool-aid, too. He would change it all the time. Of course, with dark brown hair, kool-aid would have been a joke for me!