Saturday, January 08, 2005
Happy Birthday to TJ!!!!!
and Julia, and Blake. We just got home from their birthday party at the skating rink. It was fun! TJ had a blast, and I'm just sorry we were late (as TJ was not feeling well this morning). He got to skate with the big kids, and he was so proud of himself! He did a whole lap around the rink! It only took about three hours to do it! Blake and Julia got some pretty cool stuff. Blake got a lot of Spider Man stuff...I guess that's the cool thing now. I love the presents I got them, and I hope they do, too. Wesley liked them, said they were "smart". Grin grin grin... :)

Last night we took TJ out for his birthday. We started with a trip to the playground in the afternoon, which was cool. He even shared his wagon and let two little boys play in it. What a big boy! After the grand celebration of taking him to get his two year shots, and his nap, we took him to the Mexican restaurant for dinner. They took his picture with a hat on and sang Happy Birthday to him. Trey said they sung it in Spanish b/c they called him Pedro. The wealth of confusion and fright at them coming to sing to him was well worth the $4 we paid for it! Plus, he got dessert! I'll also point out that he was VERY well behaved, and stayed sitting in the seat the WHOLE time w/only a couple of warnings. My baby's growing up! (Sniffle, sniffle) Afterwards, we went to Chuck E. Cheese to play. He played all kinds of games. There were lots of kids there. They even gave him a cool crown and balloon. That was my fun job, carrying all of his crap around. Daddy got to play and run around....Oh, to be the mom! He liked watching the animal things sing, too, and was a little upset when they quit. I was going to go try to talk them into an encore, but quickly realized they were mechanized, and probably not the best at trying to talk to. All in all, it was a pretty fun night. The worst part was that while we were at the restaurant, his shots kicked in and he couldn't even move his legs from pain. So we had to drug him after dinner so he could walk. No wonder he was so happy!

Last night we watched Open Water. Trey had heard it sucked, but I don't know how anyone could say that. That was the scariest movie I have ever seen! It was so scary b/c it was entirely possible (and based on a true story), and the worst thing you could think of happening. These people go on a scuba diving trip on their vacation, and are left behind out in the middle of the ocean. Need I say more? It was so scary. They had no idea where they were, no one was looking for them, and they had nature to deal with. Perhaps you haven't met the creatures of the ocean, but they have no remorse, and don't play fair. It terrified me, and I can reassure you that I will not be going to the ocean for a long, LONG time. I wasn't too keen on it before, and now I'll be sure to make pools my water of choice. It was a short movie, with slow parts, but that's what made it even scarier. You need to see this movie!

Well, I hope you have a very merry day, and I'll see you later!
 
posted by Christi at 1:44 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Happy birthday!!!!! There is no way he's already 2!! I still think of him as your new baby. I'd better turn around that way of thinking because there will be a new new baby.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh my yes that sounds scary. No "Open Water" for me, I'm already terrified of being in that situation. Eesh!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Why cant I remember to sign my darned name! This has been Kirstin again...

    http://www.slackeruncensored.com

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger karla

    Happy Birthday TJ!!